Tablets, do they help?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Colster

Reaction score
Some of you folks may have notice that many of sentences and spelling within my posts, are gobbledygook, and it's because of my tablets.

Ok, no, I'm not on pills. I have an Amazon Fire tablet in the bedroom. I think it was initially bought for my daughter. Anyway, I type in whatever I want to say. It appears normal and literate. Then, press enter, and it will change whole friggin sentences. It's making me look dyslexic or like a gardenia.

Similarly, when I try to edit, least in this forum, it only gets worse. Maybe they don't agree with each other, or perhaps they both loath my language skills.

Either way, I don't like tablets. 😉

Last edited:
I'm not too fond of tablets, cell phones, or any other gadgets my children give me as gifts. ( I wish they would give me walnuts for my squirrels) Not everyone embraced the technological revolution. Your writing always looks good to me.

hmmm...well, i've found tablets useful for e-books. If I'm out somewhere it's easy to carry around and read.
Better for mobile games too (if you're into gaming) since the screen is much more bigger than an average smartphone.

I mostly use my laptop. I love it!!!! I have a tablet that I use for navigation when I take trips. But, I do not like it. I do NOT like my cell phone. Actually I HATE my cell phone!!!!!!!!! It is a total pain in the butt to use. AND, I can barely read anything on it. I still end up typing the incorrect word frequently. I re-read what I typed and it looks great. Then I hit Post reply. I come back a few minutes later re-read what I wrote and try to quickly edit what I typed in order to fix my mistakes before others read it.

My problem is that more and more stuff is getting ported over to cell phones and cell phones only. It seems like the world is in love with cell phones and QR codes. I laughed when I saw on the news that so many fake QR codes are being created in order to steal money from people. People think they are paying a bill, or pay for parking, or whatever, and instead they are sending their money to a fraudster. Ha! ha!

Now stores are putting their coupons on cell phone only devices that will show a QR code in order to get the discount. Blaaaa. I guess I'm going to have to hack that crap next and make fake QR codes in order to get discounts that I should get and other ones that I shouldn't get in order to pay for my time doing all of that. I wish the stores would just set fair prices, mark them clearly, and stop all the stupid mildly enticing gimmicks.

I don't load apps on my cell phone unless I absolutely have to. I completely removed ALL of the Google Apps including the hidden ones as well as other stupid useless ones. That was a major pain in the butt. It's amazing how much resources that freed up. It's like a completely different phone now. It actually works like it is supposed to without crashing of having odd problems. ;)

Ok, no, I'm not on pills. I have an Amazon Fire tablet in the bedroom.
🤣 My phone change "now" to "sex" (in Russian they both begin from letter s, but then nothing in common) - no way to make it remember a word "now". I've sent a few times "sex" to the teachers/co-workers... ))) And it usually change other words as others phones do so I prefer only to read from phone.

I mostly use my laptop. I found table good for my daughter to watch some videos and for on-line classes just not to buy her a laptop.
For reading books I use e-book, so I think, for me a tablet is almost useless.

Traveling the world full time, living out of 2 bags, and not being very IT adept, I've been relying on a tablet/keyboard setup for the past 7 years. I do almost everything on it, using a home or internet cafe computer only rarely.

Although each of my two Samsung Android tablets have failed me once, I believe they've given me fewer problems (as expected) than any home computer, laptop, or traditional MS operating system. I can't make the same comparison with an Apple IOS that I'm unfamiliar with.

Your tablet complaint is not indicative of tablets in general Colster. Either your Kindle or its software is seemingly messed up. The closest thing I've experienced to what you describe is the auto speller feature that will often change good words to wrong words, but not major grammar or page formatting.

I understand people like what they're accustomed to. It took me a year to favor my tablet over a home computer. But I do now, not only for its portability, simplicity, and reliability, but for its touch screen/no mouse function, attached keyboard option, and screen size. A good tablet/keyboard system will satisfy most people's basic computer needs and is a heck of a lot more practical (at home) than using a phone.

hmmm...well, i've found tablets useful for e-books. If I'm out somewhere it's easy to carry around and read.
Better for mobile games too (if you're into gaming) since the screen is much more bigger than an average smartphone.
I was SO against not having a paper or hardback book in my hand, but now enjoy that if I go on a trip, I can carry SEVERAL books in just my handbag, basically.

As to all the other, I can't really input. I have devices in almost every room of my house. My boys and I are all pretty techy and I kinda like fun new gadgets. But, don't get me wrong, we def aren't that family that's buried in our cell phones. We have days we don't even touch our phones... :D :D

All that said, I totally love my laptop for anything extensive I have to do. But, I also have it hooked to a separate mouse and keypad in my home for more comfortable access. Lol

I never cared for tablets. Give me a phone or a computer, not a tablet.

You should plant some trees, then they will have all the walnuts their little hearts desire.
I wish I could plant a walnut tree! Sadly Florida is a zone 10, and very few options for my garden.

I'd much rather use gelcaps. I dunno, I always feel tablets kind of get stuck in there when....wait what? lol

I have a laptop.
I can't think of a situation in which I'd need a tablet.
Save for it to be a GPS.
I can't remember if they have data like phones do or not. :unsure:
I've only ever used one on a few occasions at either jobs I've worked, or at friends houses briefly.
My mother has one that my sister got for her, and she asks me about it, but also I'm not really much of a phone guy, either so I just kind of shrug and tell her that it's Greek to me. 🤷‍♂️

I have a laptop.
I can't think of a situation in which I'd need a tablet.
Save for it to be a GPS.
I can't remember if they have data like phones do or not. :unsure:
I've only ever used one on a few occasions at either jobs I've worked, or at friends houses briefly.
My mother has one that my sister got for her, and she asks me about it, but also I'm not really much of a phone guy, either so I just kind of shrug and tell her that it's Greek to me. 🤷‍♂️
Tablets primarily connect to WiFi, but some are enabled to use mobile data. I have a mini iPad I bought for my dad that is on the Verizon network, you'll def pay more that little luxury. LOL

My father was typing with the tiny little finger keyboard on an iPhone and he wanted to type "have a good evening," but something in the phone transformed it into "have a gay evening." He called me in a panic to explain and I told him that I didn't care and I knew it was autocorrect's fault.

I prefer full-sized keyboards. Always. No tablets, either.

I think this sums it all up: "A priest, a rabbit and a minister walk into a bar. The bartender asks the rabbit 'what'll ya have?' The rabbit says 'I dunno. I'm only here because of Autocorrect.'"

Latest posts

Back