Tell us five random things about yourself...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HypnoGhost said:
Nicolelt said:
rebeccarose said:
2) I can't stand parsnips!

I can't think of a time that I ever ate a parsnip...now I want to try them to see how bad they are.

They are amazing!
Especially when roasted and glazed with honey. They make a great accompanyment to a good roast dinner :p

Are you sure.I have trouble cooking carrots for my roasties but people moan if I don't.. parsnips mashed up like baby food with carrots ..or is it Swede...

Ohh I can talk about myself again ..what fun :D

1.I got an Ingolnook fireplace which i love.
2.We moving this year cause my wife wants to...i don't really want to go...and leave my fireplace and my little village but she comes first  :(,it's what she wants.
3.Im 6ft .My sons are 6ft 2 and 6ft 4.I feel like a midget next to them,or that I'm being followed by security guards when we out.
4.I got a customer I've known for 15 years ,he's like a Dad,we chat alot and laugh ALOT.
5.I'm epileptic collapsed on my daughters lap in A&E this year, she screamed someone help me,apparently loads of nurses helped me up.Wish I was with it when it happened..lots of nurses :p

Nicolelt said:
rebeccarose said:
2) I can't stand parsnips!

I can't think of a time that I ever ate a parsnip...now I want to try them to see how bad they are.

I think they're pretty bad too... had it once and never again. 😅

Cavey said:
1. LadyF and I have an ongoing competition to have most entries on this thread - although mine are spread over 2 accounts.
2. I share more than I should.

Haha. Yes to both points here... I think I've shared way more than I really should here. :p

I play guitar.
I tend to like unusual food combinations.
I have shoulder length hair.
Unless I'm in a pit of depression, I don't go a day without listening to music.
I'm 33 and have never been in a relationship, but am looking to change that.

1. I was once a full fledged anorexic.
2. I was in an abusive relationship with an alcoholic for 8 years.
3. I had anxiety and depression so bad that I was terrified to leave my house unless I absolutely had to and had panic attacks when I did.
4. I used to drink...a lot...and do drugs
5. My mother used to tell me she didn't want me, my father has told me to get the fresia off his property and my brother disowned me (the latter two for protecting my niece and nephews)

1. I'm scared of heights.
2. I pay close attention to small details and quiet people. But the louder and grander something is, the less I notice or care about it.
3. I don't celebrate any kind of holidays and I never cared about traditions.
4. I like irony and harmless humor. :3
5. Before I had internet, I would take my Nintendo DS and look for an unsecured wireless connection and then download custom maps for my game, haha.

Good call to revive this thread... here are a few things about me:

1) I'm an expert small craft sailor, yet I'm now living in the high desert, lol.

2) I love hot & spicy food, and I'm known in my own small circle for making the best custom hot & spicy homemade chicken burritos, using fresh hot peppers, onions & vine-ripened tomatoes. Sometimes I throw jumbo shrimp into the mix with the chicken, other times I add flaked Chilean Sea Bass (cooked separately with herbs & butter) atop the chicken burrito mix as I slap together the burritos. Goddam delicious!!!

3) During my 'trucking daze' I toured the country (and several Canadian provinces) while totally ******* off in the big truck, lol. I was NOT a model employee, I would regularly burn company fuel at the drop of a hat to go check out tourist honeysuckle, lol. I'd disconnect or shield the satcom tracker so the company wouldn't know I was ******* off, lol. Had a friggin' blast on the road, but that was in the 'Glory Days of Trucking!!!'

4) You just haven't LIVED if you've never CRAPPED in a Walmart sack, lol.

5) I've been shacked up with a number of women, but I never got married. Probably because I had to live through the most bitter and ugly divorce I've ever witnessed (my own parents), but also because I'm not that big on organized religion. If a gal loves ya, what difference does a piece of paper make? All I've ever seen it do was cause trouble... and they say marriage is the leading cause of divorce, don'tcha know? Lol.

Okay, that's my $.02, time for someone else to step up and confess, lol... didn't mean to steal yer thunder, RandomFella, but thanks for bringing this thread back to life! Time for this kid to grab another cold beer... CHEERS!!!   :cool:

Edit: It just occurred to me that some of these site members who are into loneliness would probably make good long-haul truck drivers, lol.

1.) I'm a Comparative Religions and Anthropology buff.
2.) I'm in Logistics and Consultation professionally.
3.) I'm also that one metalhead dude, which comically meshes with #2 on this list.
4.) Natural Born Killers is my favorite romance movie.
5.) I have a quirky, sarcastic sense of humor. Very much a 90's kid personality staple.

Sidewinder said:
2) I'm known in my own small circle for making the best custom hot & spicy homemade chicken burritos, using fresh hot peppers, onions & vine-ripened tomatoes. Sometimes I throw jumbo shrimp into the mix with the chicken, other times I add flaked Chilean Sea Bass (cooked separately with herbs & butter) atop the chicken burrito mix as I slap together the burritos. Goddam delicious!!!
Awesome!!!!

Sidewinder said:
3) During my 'trucking daze' I toured the country (and several Canadian provinces) while totally ******* off in the big truck, lol. I'd disconnect or shield the satcom tracker so the company wouldn't know I was ******* off, lol.
Double Awesome!!!!

Sidewinder said:
4) You just haven't LIVED if you've never CRAPPED in a Walmart sack, lol.
Check. Ha! ha!

NoxApex(N/A) said:
4.) Natural Born Killers is my favorite romance movie.
Yeah, Mallory was awesome. Ha! Ha!

Sidewinder said:
Okay, that's my $.02, time for someone else to step up and confess, lol... didn't mean to steal yer thunder, RandomFella, but thanks for bringing this thread back to life! Time for this kid to grab another cold beer... CHEERS!!!   :cool:
Haha, no worries! I don't like being in the spotlight anyway, it's just an interesting topic and super interesting what you and the others have to say. :)
(Now I want some spicy food~)
* quietly returns to the shadows *

1.I've got holes in all my work trousers.
2.People keep screaming and shouting outside my house at nite cause I live near a pub
3.l can live off potatoes
4.l have a Kings name.
5.I like selling stuff

1. Annoying fear of heights.
2. I prefer mountains over the sea.
3. Running late night and in rain.
4. Fountain pen user.
5. I love team working.

I'm hard on myself and others.
I only use the word 'hate' for liars, cowards and traitors.
I love to draw.
I miss my children.
I love Chinese food.

I don't get bored.
I made cookies today and let my dog have a few crumbs (no chocolate, not much, nobody yell)
I had to stop listening to music years ago because it depressed me. And my family's full of musicians. I'm listening to it again now.
Nature excites me. And soothes. I love the waters and the wild.
I despise phones. Rarely use them.

Last edited:
1. i cant have coffee, softdrinks(carbonated drinks like coke), cold water, drink alcoholic drinks, chocolate and probly more stuff due to gerd.
2. havent had a drink for 2 months now so my only way of sleeping without abruptly getting woken up is gone besides melatonin.
3. work almost 14 hours a day for 10 dollars a day.
4. still smoke eventhough im not supposed to anymore.
5. my lil sister works in UAE.

1. I can remember what someone said in a conversation months ago but can't remember where I put something after putting it down for a second.
2. I love music and have multiple songs to listen to depending on my mood
3. I tend to change my pfp for things depending on my mood
4. I love anything with apples except candy apples
5. I like learning about ethics, morals, and philosophy

It doesn't matter what it is, just tell us five random things about yourself. It can be interests you like, favorite kind of food, list movies, it can be anything that you'd like to share.

Sure you get the picture by now. :)

Ok I'll go first!

1. I love 90s rock bands.
2. Converse and Vans are my favorite kind of shoes.
3. Love Hello Kitty! :D
4. I love looking photographs of abandon houses.
5. Pretty blunt to be honest.

Ok next person can go now. and don't be afraid to share interests. :) Nobody should be judged here.
1. I am a forty some odd year student and practitioner of zen buddhism, but do not identify or label as "Buddhist."
2 . I do not believe in "God," but do not identify or label as "atheist."
3 . I hate speaking, and prefer to express myself via writing.
4 . I am a recluse and keep to myself but I am more "asocial" than antisocial.
5 . I am autistic/aspie, socially awkward, slightly uncoordinated, but not necessarily clumsy.

1. I finished school when I was 15. The only qualification I have is ESL (teaching English as a second language) from the British School of Yoga (and I'm way too shy to teach).

2. When i was 19 I went to India for four months and wanted to become a Hare Krishna but eventually I went back to Christianity.

3. I had a twelve year relationship with another woman but have been married to a man for the last ten years.

4. I prefer being quiet and don't like myself when I start blathering on but sometimes it seems to be necessary.

5. I'm a recovered alcoholic but I still think about drinking most days.

Similar to my story.

1. I've never studied anything formally. I was excluded from school at the age of 15 ( I was far too interested in guitars, girls & hallucinogenic drugs ), so I am an autodidact, which is a word that I have taught myself.

2. I left home at 17 and moved into a very posh Ashram, in Cambridge, where I flirted with Sikhism and qualified as a Kundalini yoga teacher, before returning to my own belief system ( a mixture of Abrahamic religions ).

3. I spent 2 years in India busking and living off the charity of the women I met.

4. I've beaten most of my addictions, and I had a few, but am still addicted to monster munch.

5. For me, there is very little difference between magic and art. To me, the ultimate act of magic is to create something from nothing:

Latest posts

Back