The All Purpose anime and manga thread

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

A_T_Swordsman

Reaction score
To open this thread, I thought I'd share one of my favorite AMVs. With so many anime packed into it, I bet you'll spot one you know:

But anyways, I'm a big anime fan. Some of my favorites are:
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
Yu Yu Hakusho
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood

I just finished Clannad, and made it through part of After Story but am in the middle of a hiatus from it. It was good, but I LOVED Clannad: Another World, Tomoyo Chapter.
I also finished Nazo no Kanojo X. In case you've read about it, it's quite strange, but I loved it.

So... I participate on a few forums over the subject, so if you want/need any recommendations, feel free to ask ^.^ I must admit I don't have THAT much experience in the field of anime, but I think I have enough to give out a small amount of help.

I've read very few manga, but the most profound one I found was Afuganisu-tan. It's a cute one-shot manga where middle-eastern countries are personified as people (Like Hetalia) but in this case young girls. It goes through some of Afghanistan's history and relations.

And finally, I leave you with this:
lhoHI.gif

Well for starters that's actually quite brilliant, I recognized most but would have to go through it more than once if I wanted to name 'em all....just too many. xD
Here's the vid linked there so y'all can be lazy.
[video=youtube]
Some I didn't expect in such asWolf's Rain and Tenchi Muyo for example but I was sad because it had no Majutsushi Orphen. :(
BUT ANYWAYS
ONTO ANIME
Yeah I've been watching all my life and this summer all I did was sit in and watch anime.
Why?
Because I could. Also I'm one of those folk that most of the time don't get out much. :p Buuut that's another story. xD
I read plenty of manga too, but seeing as it's been not as easy for me to get it lately (I prefer having it there to read, instead of online ) I haven't been able to. Dx Last one I read was some of the one of Kore Wa Zombie Desu Ka? (Is this a zombie? )

Now for the animes you mentioned, seen Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, been meaning to get around to Yu Yu Hakusho (had the tab open for months but was busy finishing other stuff. -.- (also same goes for Neon Genesis -.- ) ) but FMA was one of my earlier animes I watched (earlier, not first, first was waaayy before it Dx ) never got around to finishing it (yet) or watching Brotherhood :p

Recently been rewatching Wolf's Rain because something was wrong with a few episodes towards the end, when I tried before, and not long after rewatching Spice and Wolf, and finishing off Zeta Gundam. xD

I do like anime but frankly I don't see what parasitic lice have to do with anything.

Sorry, just had to stick that in there.

I started reading Bamboo Blade and I've been finding it actually really enjoyable. I haven't actually read manga or watched anime in ages. I've been getting back into western comics, although I haven't bought one in ages because my local shop moved and I've been too lazy to find it again. But Gotham Central has to be one of the best comics I've read in ages, and the new Batwoman and Batgirl runs have been stunning, especially Batwoman because the art is so gob-smackingly gorgeous. Also for cartoons, Adventure Time has to be one of the best things I've watched in ages.

Sorry that was off-topic, but anyway. The anime I probably watched the most of was Gensomaden Saiyuki. And I saw some bits of Bludgeoning Angel Dokuro-Chan on youtube. Which, um... was certainly an experience. You should definitely do that. It's extremely japanese.

So yeah that was mostly not to do with anime OR mange, but I wanted to contribute to the thread so thur (UN)

OOOH
I HAVE BAMBOO BLADE TOO
I got it in Canada, the first two books. My little friend suggested it to me while I was visiting, two summers ago. :D
I also got Z-loan too. xD And some Kenshin. :p
I forget what else though. -.-
And I've seen that too, AJ...O_O I believe Tiger has watched that, and all. xD I only got through a couple episodes.

I finished Saiyuki like, a couple weeks ago, by the way, and now I've got Saiyuki Reload and all that to watch. :p
(As AT and Rocky reminded me last night in chat. xD )

Oh yeah and I've not seen much of Adventure time, only a bit of one episode but from what I've seen it's freakin' ace. xD

Of my manga I have like, around ten of FMA, first 6 of Soul Eater, 2 of Rurouni Kenshin, 2 of Bamboo Blade, 2 of Dragon Knights, 2 of Z-Loan, like, 6 of D. Gray-man, and then Spice and Wolf sitting on the end there all alone. xD
I plan on getting more though. >;D
And my sister will probably get more, herself, too, and we share ours so s'all good. :p
But yeah. xD
Also slightly unrelated but been getting closer to finishing Persona 4 now, finally, WHICH has been made into and anime sorta recently. :p
Which was pretty funny. xD

Aw it's awesome you share your manga.

Another manga I like is Lights Out by Myung-Jin Lee, I found it completely hilarious even though I could only find the first volume! I'm going to have to look online.

Oh so how did you find Saiyuki? I assume you liked it if you watched the whole thing! The manga is also really good but the anime is a lot lot longer.

Of course I did. :D I quite like it a fair bit, actually. :p
I still have to watch those sequels though. :p
Might look into getting the manga too, afterwards. :D

Just did a quick search to check out that "Lights Out" one, and it looks pretty good.
They have it on mangafox, if you can't find it elsewhere, but they don't have the last volume so yeah. xD

I just finished Sankarea (minus the OVA... I'll get around to it)

It was good, but absolutely had no ending. The OVA already out is a prequel, but there is suppose to be another one after it.

On this subject, any of you guys played any visual novels? I've only played a few, and I have never 'finished one' (that is, go through all the routes) since I get bored with it after 1-3 routes, but some are just as good as any anime.

The only series I enjoyed besides mainstream classics like Cowboy Bebop or Fullmetal Alchemist was Slayers. I have trouble taking anime seriously, so a series that knows it's ridiculous and plays that to its advantage was perfect.

I'm into the whole guro horror thing right now. Shintaro Kago and Junji Ito are my favourite authors. They are totally insane... I love it.

I see a promising future for this subgenre.

A_T_Swordsman said:
I just finished Sankarea (minus the OVA... I'll get around to it)

It was good, but absolutely had no ending. The OVA already out is a prequel, but there is suppose to be another one after it.

On this subject, any of you guys played any visual novels? I've only played a few, and I have never 'finished one' (that is, go through all the routes) since I get bored with it after 1-3 routes, but some are just as good as any anime.
My sister was watching Sankarea recently and suggested it to me. :p
Been busy with other series though, obviously T-T
She also suggested another one but I've forgotten it's name. -.-
It's a rather new one she described as simply similar to .//hack
fml I forget the name -.-
Tealeaf said:
The only series I enjoyed besides mainstream classics like Cowboy Bebop or Fullmetal Alchemist was Slayers. I have trouble taking anime seriously, so a series that knows it's ridiculous and plays that to its advantage was perfect.
Seen it, seen it, aaaaaand seen it! I actually quite liked Slayers myself, too. :D
I've only seen the first one of it, never got around to any of the sequels, well, I started watching one (I forget which, now -.- ) :p

I'm currently re-watching Neon Genesis Evangelion. Though I said it's one of my favorites I actually haven't seen it in at least 2 years so it's really fun after all this time. (that is, I hadn't seen the original series in a long time. I saw the newest movies since then, but their plot is a bit condensed and changed from the original)

I just finished watching "Freedom" by the same guy who made "Akira". The art is a bit weird since it was made cheaper by doing some 3-d stuff to it, but it's really fun because a major location within the anime is in the United States.

I also re-watched Morita-san Wa mukuchi. I like watching those uber-short 3 minute anime sometimes because the humor and plot are pretty light but it still works well.

Just found out yesterday the Disgaea 4, for the highest level spells, some characters from animes and stuff are basically having cameos, AND HOLO IS ONE OF THEM JFOAHDJIANDALSKMDJKAN
Disgaea you just don't stop being awesome. ;)
Holo (of Spice and wolf, during Omega wind), Meito (Of anime tenchu, who also appeared in Luck Star I believe, during Omega fire), Yamato, Jinteidan, Ushiwaka, and Super Zeus (Of Bikkuriman, during Omega star), Princess Astrarotte (Of Lotte no Omocha, during Omega Ice), and Index (of A Certain Magical Index, during Omega Heal)
I always loved using the omega/tera/peta spells JUST to see the characters/animations during them. :p
I love Nippon Ichi :p Their games have yet to disappoint me. xD

On a much shorter note been considering rewatching Eden of the East...but alas! My plans had been foiled by my crappy internet! xD
Oh well I guess some other time. *shrugs*

Latest posts

Back