the best laugh for you

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Slapstick
I know what slapstick humour is, yet I don't know why Anarchic Torchic associates this with Belgium.
Unless the orange colour of his/her avatar is an indication of being Dutch, there are some stereotypical images the Dutch have of the Belgians (by which they actually mean the Flemish, the Dutchspeaking 60% of our country).
The French also have a tendency to make fun of us, although in this case they think of the French-speaking part of the country.
I guess every country needs another one to look down upon to make themselves feel better.
Feels silly to me.
Here the stereotype of the Dutch is that they are cheap, and that they have bad taste, hence the colour orange.
But all of that is a bit stupid, though I've seen several Dutch people buy us a drink, in order to prove they're not cheap.
Now who's the clever one ;)..

I know what slapstick humour is, yet I don't know why Anarchic Torchic associates this with Belgium.
Unless the orange colour of his/her avatar is an indication of being Dutch, there are some stereotypical images the Dutch have of the Belgians (by which they actually mean the Flemish, the Dutchspeaking 60% of our country).
The French also have a tendency to make fun of us, although in this case they think of the French-speaking part of the country.
I guess every country needs another one to look down upon to make themselves feel better.
Feels silly to me.
Here the stereotype of the Dutch is that they are cheap, and that they have bad taste, hence the colour orange.
But all of that is a bit stupid, though I've seen several Dutch people buy us a drink, in order to prove they're not cheap.
Now who's the clever one ;)..
Sorry I actually thought I was replying to him about slapstick. And bring from the southern part of the US, I’ve actually had people ask me if we have paved roads and do our family trees make a circle. I usually just let people think what they want.

Sorry I actually thought I was replying to him about slapstick. And bring from the southern part of the US, I’ve actually had people ask me if we have paved roads and do our family trees make a circle. I usually just let people think what they want.
Oh, but us and the Dutch is really a bit of teasing, which leads to lots of jokes either way.
We know from each other that the stereotypes are just that.
I noticed that in the ones from casually explained they make fun of the Canadians, so it's the same kind of humour.
I'm sure the Canadians don't find it too harsh, and make their own jokes about the Americans.

One thing that comes to mind is this guy on a bicycle gradually losing control, it seemed impossible to fail, but he managed to do so, and it was like watching a train wreck in slow motion.

And then there was another, who kept crashing constantly, just got back on only to crash again, and again, and again lol.

Everytime i go to Belgium theres always cartoon comedy, not sure how to explain it.
Like stepping on a rake, lossing thier footing and spinning around and tripping. You can almost see the stars rotate around thier heads.
funny

My cousin came up with this dumb game when we were kids involving us jumping off of the couch in the den to see how far we could jump across the room. We piled dozens of pillows and bedding on the ground to do it, in front of what was my uncles home entertainment cabinet with his old CRT television in it.
The idea was that you have to declare something, anything once you've made your distance measurement of a land.
Well I jumped a little too far, slid under the bedding and hit my head on the bottom of the TV stand.
Mitch shouted: "Say something!"
So I said: "Ow!"

Trying to picture it, we must be so used to it that we don't notice anymore.
You come a lot to Belgium?
Not anymore sadly, i love the place and the people. Some of the kindest people i ever met.
Belgians are cute and sweet by default from my experience :)

Latest posts

Back