The Confession Booth

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Part of the reason I enjoy winter is some of the asshats lock themselves away during the cold. They seem to come out full force in the extreme heat.

Mirror, mirror on the wall?

Lool more like mirror mirror on the ceiling 😂

I genuinely need help to stop with the constant mirror gazing… I have a mirror that clicks loudly to try to stop but all I do is annoy my Robbie 😅

Sometimes I want to be mean to some people, and I have to hold myself back from doing it.

I know it's wrong, and I shouldn't want to do this, and I also know it's a big waste of time and energy and won't get me anywhere. But sometimes I get so mad that I have to talk myself out of it.

Sometimes I want to be mean to some people, and I have to hold myself back from doing it.

I know it's wrong, and I shouldn't want to do this, and I also know it's a big waste of time and energy and won't get me anywhere. But sometimes I get so mad that I have to talk myself out of it.
When you say "some people", do you mean innocent people that have done nothing wrong, or people who deserve some sort of comeuppance? Because doing things to the latter wouldn't necessarily equate to being mean ;)

When you say "some people", do you mean innocent people that have done nothing wrong, or people who deserve some sort of comeuppance? Because doing things to the latter wouldn't necessarily equate to being mean ;)

I guess it would depend on your point of view.

Some people would see them as innocent. I see them as deserving comeuppance, that unfortunately they will probably never receive - which makes me madder.

For context:

I wrote this after reading some political threads on another forum. I was getting really angry at one person's posts in particular. He would say he wanted "freedom" and a system where some people wouldn't be able to be successful, in one post. Then he would turn around and complain that everything is expensive, in another.

Stuff like this is pushing me into becoming more and more of a "dirtbag leftist".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dirtbag_left

I find myself feeling no sympathy or empathy for conservatives who are struggling with the system of competition/might makes right/genetics. Sometimes I'm glad that the thing they said they wanted, is causing them to suffer. Good for 'em. It's mean, I know it, and I don't care anymore. When it comes to them, I find myself not caring about or wanting to be the bigger person, to take the high road. I don't want to give them understanding, mercy, or compassion. And that's what's unsettling about it. I can see in real time that it's making me as sociopathic and hateful as they are, just right back at them.

In the end, I said nothing. I feel like political threads are something that I can't do in moderation, because of this anger that builds up. I'm either all-in, or all-out. And I realized that it would be better for my productivity and mental health, to be all-out. There have been many times where I've ignored things I have to do, and also just replying to messages, because I chose to fight with people or rant instead. I realized that I was repeating a pattern of behavior that I already knew was a mistake, and I didn't want to fall back into this habit, so I disengaged from the threads completely.

I have, in some ways, been angry about this my entire life - I just didn't know what it was before. I didn't have the words, but I had the same feeling, and I found myself in similar problems and situations.
I get angry at the system and the people that I feel make it this way, instead of dealing with my problems or doing anything constructive, because I believe it is impossible for me, so I use them as a punching bag for my feelings of anger, frustration, humiliation, powerlessness, and despair.

I have to try to quit politics. It's addictive, and a bad habit.

Last edited:
I guess it would depend on your point of view.

Some people would see them as innocent. I see them as deserving comeuppance, that unfortunately they will probably never receive - which makes me madder.

For context:

I wrote this after reading some political threads on another forum. I was getting really angry at one person's posts in particular. He would say he wanted "freedom" and a system where some people wouldn't be able to be successful, in one post. Then he would turn around and complain that everything is expensive, in another.

Stuff like this is pushing me into becoming more and more of a "dirtbag leftist".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dirtbag_left

I find myself feeling no sympathy or empathy for conservatives who are struggling with the system of competition/might makes right/genetics. Sometimes I'm glad that the thing they said they wanted, is causing them to suffer. Good for 'em. It's mean, I know it, and I don't care anymore. When it comes to them, I find myself not caring about or wanting to be the bigger person, to take the high road. I don't want to give them understanding, mercy, or compassion. And that's what's unsettling about it. I can see in real time that it's making me as sociopathic and hateful as they are, just right back at them.

In the end, I said nothing. I feel like political threads are something that I can't do in moderation, because of this anger that builds up. I'm either all-in, or all-out. And I realized that it would be better for my productivity and mental health, to be all-out. There have been many times where I've ignored things I have to do, and also just replying to messages, because I chose to fight with people or rant instead. I realized that I was repeating a pattern of behavior that I already knew was a mistake, and I didn't want to fall back into this habit, so I disengaged from the threads completely.

I have, in some ways, been angry about this my entire life - I just didn't know what it was before. I didn't have the words, but I had the same feeling, and I found myself in similar problems and situations.
I get angry at the system and the people that I feel make it this way, instead of dealing with my problems or doing anything constructive, because I believe it is impossible for me, so I use them as a punching bag for my feelings of anger, frustration, humiliation, powerlessness, and despair.

I have to try to quit politics. It's addictive, and a bad habit.
How does something that doesn’t give you a nice endorphin rush become addictive? Don’t tell me it gives you such a rush. I hate politics so avoid it like the plague.

How does something that doesn’t give you a nice endorphin rush become addictive? Don’t tell me it gives you such a rush. I hate politics so avoid it like the plague.

No, it doesn't give me a buzz at all. It's more of a hate-sink. It's an outlet to pour my negative feelings into.

Honestly, I think a lot of them do it for the same reasons, they just have opposite views. They don't seem like the happiest, most fulfilled, most pleasant people either.

As far as what gives me an actual rush, I don't know. It's been a long time.

- I pretend to be an atheist on one forum, and a theist on another.
- I once spent four hours forging a sick note on a photoshop like program, so I could spend two days leveling up my hunter in a game called world of warcraft.
- I once dressed so badly, and looked so disheveled that I got a free meal at a restaurant. They thought I was homeless, and I didn't correct them.
- I tell people I think Schindler's List is the best movie ever made to appear cultured, while secretly thinking 1997's cinematic masterpiece Beverly Hills Ninja holds that distinction. "There you go, Ninja boy."

-I have a real habit of cursing while gaming.
-I eat too much junk food.
-I spend too much money on things I don't really need.

Latest posts

Back