the "controversial" mass effect 3 ending

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

edgecrusher

Reaction score
if you havent completed the third game yet, this may have some spoilers.

this really only applies to those that have played it, more so all 3 games and importing a single character all the way through at that. some "fans" have gone to great lengths to show their hatred for the ending. there is a petition to have it changed and you can donate in support of it as a charity and it has raised like $60,000 at this point. its also gone to the point of someone going to the FTC demanding it be changed. personally i find that to be beyond ridiculous. its a fictional story that SOMEONE ELSE told and those that played it chose to come along for the ride. its not yours just because you participated in it.

now i will admit that the ending felt rushed and there was a bit of lack of closure in terms of what happens to your squadmates/crew, mainly they just dont even really show anything after your final choice as far as that is concerned. but other than that, i dont see a real issue with it. shepards goal became to stop the reapers, to stop the cycle, and he does just that. in the long run your choices throughout the game had no real affect on the potential 3 choices you get at the end, but everyones journey was definitely different is many ways. if they do release DLC to change it i think that will be setting a dangerous precedent. when a story, when something artistic is released, you dont just go back and change it. you remake it as hollywood has come to love doing, lol. not really though, i dont want to start seeing a bunch of video game remakes.

Latest posts

Back