The Cookie Cutter

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@sunflowergirl1306 you quoted me but never wrote a reply :)

To those others who have replied, you might just write what you think as well, and not expect people to understand, or don't care etc, BUT, do you try to take care in what you write, or don't really think that much about it? Like, are you sort of apathetic to the words you use or more careful to convey your meaning?
I don't think apathetic is the word for me. If I say I feel "at peace", does that make sense? Of course, doesn't everyone have those moments where they type out something and then delete it because its more harmful than good? I certainly do. So yes, I actively try to at least be less harmful. If it's something I really can't care about, you won't see me participate.

Yes I was the member who called out Unsigned. I am the person who also called okidoke with the cookie cutter comment. I have loads of issues and I am a bad person. I truly wish I can kill myself to free myself from so much emotional pain.

I have learned that some people here can say anything they like and get away with it. Some of us are not allowed to have opinions or defend ourself.

I'm sorry if you're feeling singled out here. I know how much that can suck. I don't think you're a bad person in the least.

I think you absolutely should defend yourself if needed, and your opinion is valuable as well. I'm sorry that you've experienced otherwise.

I do find the topic of this thread to be one of those necessary ones. Not to make you feel bad, but to remind people that they can absolutely control their own position in conversations and debates.

Resolve personal disputes privately, if you can.
Employ Forum Etiquette.
Remain vigilant against clique like behavior (best we can..)

We ALL probably wouldn't be here, if things were going better for us. Some of us are suffering acutely, at different times and different ways; and sometimes we aren't acutely in pain, but, we're still in pain.

Keep it cool. Take a break if needed. Stretch. Get in touch with nature. Take a cold shower. Splash some water on your face. Pray, if that's agreeable to you. Etc..

Last edited:
I'm sorry if you're feeling singled out here. I know how much that can suck. I don't think you're a bad person in the least.
Thank you for understanding, I'm crying right now. This was all I needed.

Resolve personal disputes privately, if you can.
I have spoken to Oki in private and we have apologized to each other.

Yes I was the member who called out Unsigned. I am the person who also called okidoke with the cookie cutter comment. I have loads of issues and I am a bad person. I truly wish I can kill myself to free myself from so much emotional pain.

I have learned that some people here can say anything they like and get away with it. Some of us are not allowed to have opinions or defend ourself.
Having issues does not make you a bad person.
Neither does having opinions. Of course you are entitled to them and have the right express them.
And you certainly should NOT keep having thoughts about hurting yourself.
I hope you can find peace and tranquility in your life.
Best wishes.

Most of my writing comes from stream of consciousness. Feeling being more like the spices you put on top before stirring and simmering.
A lot of the time, more often than not, feeling is an unfortunate reminder that I'm human. On the other hand, the philosophical concept of totally forsaking my humanity absolutely terrifies me. I'd be lying if I said it didn't. It's not an easy to digest concept, or one that is simple to wrap your head around. I practice detachment because my life demands that I be stronger than the way that I feel, and it has demanded that of me for at least a decade now.
There are many internal struggles with it. The letting go is actually the easy part. It's the regaining of why, the re-establishing of reason thereafter, that is the challenging part. It's similarly to a diet and exercise routine in that the answer to why comes at the end, rather than at the beginning, and getting started is the hard part for a lot of people because of that reason. But with diet and exercise routines, that is something that is physical, you can put your hands on that, see it in a mirror, or go to a doctor and have your vitals scanned. When it's about your mental health and mental state of being, that's a totally different monster you're fighting, because that's not something you can physically see and touch, it's all in your head, which is what makes it different.

With something like the internet, or even within the confines of traditional books and writing, inflection and tone are easily lost and misconstrued among the medium of text. Text is a bad medium for those things. Which is actually why emojis were invented in the first place, but over time those have even been distorted and taken out of context.

My writing style is a bit like Abdul Al'Hazred, the fictional author who wrote the Necronomicon in Lovecraftian lore.
Often called "The Mad Arab," Al'Hazred sort of lost his mind and went insane as a scribe, trying to record what was being handed to him from somewhere else to write, rather than from a familiarity of his own psyche. That happened because what the Mad Arab wrote was attributed to him, but wasn't from him, more like it was written through him rather than from him.

And the reason why I'm like that is because I'll go back and reread some old post either here or on other places and think:
"This doesn't seem familiar at all. When did I write this?" And then I'll check the date, and then realize "Oh that was forever ago already, I totally forgot I wrote that." 😂

Most of my writing comes from stream of consciousness. Feeling being more like the spices you put on top before stirring and simmering.
A lot of the time, more often than not, feeling is an unfortunate reminder that I'm human. On the other hand, the philosophical concept of totally forsaking my humanity absolutely terrifies me. I'd be lying if I said it didn't. It's not an easy to digest concept, or one that is simple to wrap your head around. I practice detachment because my life demands that I be stronger than the way that I feel, and it has demanded that of me for at least a decade now.
There are many internal struggles with it. The letting go is actually the easy part. It's the regaining of why, the re-establishing of reason thereafter, that is the challenging part. It's similarly to a diet and exercise routine in that the answer to why comes at the end, rather than at the beginning, and getting started is the hard part for a lot of people because of that reason. But with diet and exercise routines, that is something that is physical, you can put your hands on that, see it in a mirror, or go to a doctor and have your vitals scanned. When it's about your mental health and mental state of being, that's a totally different monster you're fighting, because that's not something you can physically see and touch, it's all in your head, which is what makes it different.

With something like the internet, or even within the confines of traditional books and writing, inflection and tone are easily lost and misconstrued among the medium of text. Text is a bad medium for those things. Which is actually why emojis were invented in the first place, but over time those have even been distorted and taken out of context.

My writing style is a bit like Abdul Al'Hazred, the fictional author who wrote the Necronomicon in Lovecraftian lore.
Often called "The Mad Arab," Al'Hazred sort of lost his mind and went insane as a scribe, trying to record what was being handed to him from somewhere else to write, rather than from a familiarity of his own psyche. That happened because what the Mad Arab wrote was attributed to him, but wasn't from him, more like it was written through him rather than from him.

And the reason why I'm like that is because I'll go back and reread some old post either here or on other places and think:
"This doesn't seem familiar at all. When did I write this?" And then I'll check the date, and then realize "Oh that was forever ago already, I totally forgot I wrote that." 😂
Maybe you have a multiple personality disorder?

I couldn't get into Lovecraft. I read some of his stuff and it sort of annoyed me.

I couldn't get into Lovecraft. I read some of his stuff and it sort of annoyed me.
.....🤬
You're not my friend anymore.
😜
Actually, ironically, I found Lovecraft to be sort of...cookie cutter 😆. I always saw him as some sort of continuation of Edgar Allan Poe. I found their ways of thinking quite similar.

He himself was an absolute jackass.
That I definitely agree with.
He does however make a good point about the fear of the unknown being one of the oldest and greatest fears to humans in human history.
It predates writing itself, harking back to our ancient ancestral past.

I'm probably more schizophrenic than MPD. Because I do suffer auditory and visual hallucinations to a mild extent while entirely sober and years before I ever experimented with any substances.

The thing is, that it's tied into my creativity.
Being on antipsychotics for a brief time taught me that.

The trouble is, than even though sometimes it's extremely traumatizing and scary, it's also sometimes the closest to an idea of Heaven I've ever also experienced. Sometimes they're scary, and sometimes they're beautiful and calming.

I have word salad, along with other symptoms. But two people I grew up with, one is a college English professor and the other is a licensed Psychologist, they've both greatly helped me mediate and try to regulate having a closer to normal life over the last 15 or 20 years I've known them.

I was like a zombie on antipsychotics.
I could correlate for functionality, but found no drive and/or motivating meaning as to why I was doing the things I was doing, resulting in a gradual downshift until stagnation. Which is where my friends came in for help.

.....🤬
You're not my friend anymore.
😜
Actually, ironically, I found Lovecraft to be sort of...cookie cutter 😆. I always saw him as some sort of continuation of Edgar Allan Poe. I found their ways of thinking quite similar.
maybe i didn't read enough lovecraft, but what i did read left me wanting. he wrote in a way that left things open ended, like letting the reader try to come up with what something looked like or what happened instead of describing it himself. the stories were fine, had potential, but left too much up to me as the reader, which is what I don't want when I read.

I don't reply long enough answers because I lack time in my personnal time, so it's always shorter and to the point than I'd desire... which might come across as a weird way of writing or perhaps rude/lacking in the necessary details.

Hopefully I can change my job to find an easier-with-schedule company...

" cookie cutter" I give predictable responses often. I think we all might be guilty of that at least once.
I respect interesting, unique responses, but dull is hard to avoid. None of us are interesting all the time.

Latest posts

Back