The Good and The Bad

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
H

hum_alive

Whenever something bad happens in my life, I always try to see the good side of it too because otherwise I would go mad. :) This is what this thread is about. The good things and the bad things on a daily basis.

Today started out great, sunny day, fresh air. That's the good part. The bad thing is I feel like doing nothing today although I have so many things to do. And I don't like it when I'm lazy, I feel bad when I'm not doing anything productive.

What's something bad and something good that you felt or experienced at the same time, lately? How do you manage those moments? They say there are two wolf-sides in each of us, the positive one and the negative one. Which do we feed more? And why?

I have always tried to see the positive aspect. When lost a job (or an interview), thought that something better is waiting. When someone walks way, I believe someone else who is way better will walk in. When I lose money, I think that more is on its way. When I get sad, I believe that happy moments are around the corner. The phrase "this too shall pass". It's been kinda like a surviving motto for me for a while. A lot of bad things been happening around lately. I hope things get better soon. But, looking at the news, I don't think things are going in the right path. Let's all hope for a better tomorrow. Stay safe!

I was on a recent 4x4 trip and heading down the highway. I really wanted to get to the next area that I planned on exploring. But, the weather turned nasty. So, I found a road to head down and wait it out. The road didn't seem like much. But, it led me to a really cool area I wasn't aware off. I ended up staying in the area for a couple days and really enjoyed it.

Finished said:
I was on a recent 4x4 trip and heading down the highway. I really wanted to get to the next area that I planned on exploring. But, the weather turned nasty. So, I found a road to head down and wait it out. The road didn't seem like much. But, it led me to a really cool area I wasn't aware off. I ended up staying in the area for a couple days and really enjoyed it.

That's great! :) What kind of area was it? What did you enjoy about it?

Sanal said:
I have always tried to see the positive aspect. When lost a job (or an interview), thought that something better is waiting. When someone walks way, I believe someone else who is way better will walk in. When I lose money, I think that more is on its way. When I get sad, I believe that happy moments are around the corner. The phrase "this too shall pass". It's been kinda like a surviving motto for me for a while. A lot of bad things been happening around lately. I hope things get better soon. But, looking at the news, I don't think things are going in the right path. Let's all hope for a better tomorrow.  Stay safe!

Yes it's difficult to remain optimistic when so many things are falling apart these days... :( But you have a good surviving motto and it'll help you through hardships.

hum_alive said:
Finished said:

It was a mid-elevation desert area. I live in the desert so I didn't think much of it at first. But, then I noticed the rain really brought out the wonderful smells. So, I decided to drive around after the big storm stopped. Then I noticed what a perfect example of a nice healthy mid-elevation desert it really was. The cactus was in looked super plush. It stayed cloudy and rained for the better part of two days which kept the weather cool. It was perfect. So, I slowly drove on all the trails with the windows down. An old mining spot on a hill was turned into a large ATV play area. I drove my truck up several of the steep slopes and got great views of the area. I then found an old abandoned single wide mobile home someone tried to pull in there. In the US things like that become gun targets. There must have been a million rounds fired into it. It was fun checking out all the old junk still inside and what the various desert creatures did to it. It provided homes for several small animals. I also stumbled across the remnants of two mid-50s vehicles. I enjoy looking at odd stuff like that in odd places. Also there was only maybe two other people in the entire area. So, it was nice and quite.

Finished said:
hum_alive said:
Finished said:

It was a mid-elevation desert area. I live in the desert so I didn't think much of it at first. But, then I noticed the rain really brought out the wonderful smells. So, I decided to drive around after the big storm stopped. Then I noticed what a perfect example of a nice healthy mid-elevation desert it really was. The cactus was in looked super plush. It stayed cloudy and rained for the better part of two days which kept the weather cool. It was perfect. So, I slowly drove on all the trails with the windows down. An old mining spot on a hill was turned into a large ATV play area. I drove my truck up several of the steep slopes and got great views of the area. I then found an old abandoned single wide mobile home someone tried to pull in there. In the US things like that become gun targets. There must have been a million rounds fired into it. It was fun checking out all the old junk still inside and what the various desert creatures did to it. It provided homes for several small animals. I also stumbled across the remnants of two mid-50s vehicles. I enjoy looking at odd stuff like that in odd places. Also there was only maybe two other people in the entire area. So, it was nice and quite.

An abandoned mobile home in the desert... Wow.. Sounds captivating but kinda sad at the same time, especially because of those gunshots..

Latest posts

Back