The grass on the other side...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I also have come across women I was infatuated with as a younger person, now with broken marriages, their lives in a mess, looking about 15 years older than me (child rearing and breakups age people), with bad attitudes to go with it. And yes I'm relieved I didn't end up with them.

Being the 'last cab off the rank' for someone who wouldn't have given you time of day in their 20s feels strange as well as obviously a blow to the ego. It sounds like she used you to help her with her studies as well, which has got to hurt.

Have to say though, hundreds of unanswered messages...any woman would have been turned off by that kind of attention. We all have lessons to learn.
I think it's funny that this has become a topic with the guy I'm talking to right now. He's in the middle of a divorce (ugh... I know), not initiated by him, and he's starting to realize that he has always been "Chasing Amy" since high school.
The girl he was involved with back then, they had a break up and he never fully processed it, as we tend to do when younger or not fully capable. Then he basically over-romanticized the whole relationship. So, from that point forward, no girls could compete, they would just be taking up space in his life.

I think it's funny when people learn that the greener grass usually comes with a VERY high water bill! LOLOL

Latest posts

Back