The myth that good things come with time.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Naizo

Reaction score
Do not ever believe someone who tells you to be patient, to wait for the "good" to come to you.
You must achieve your own. On your own. People who love you dearly and who you love are their own people and cannot be relied upon for support, as they will abandon you in your time of need. Not because they are trying to hurt you, but because they too are, in the end alone, on their own, or atleast they will feel that way and moreoften than not, turn away from your friendship and that of others rather than to let you in, and it will hurt you to be turned away when you wish to help someone you love. Don't let your own loneliness exacerbate the emptiness within others by ever lashing out at them for your own self-perceived pain, as you will more often than not find once they've healed, they will have no need for someone who did not help them heal, regardless of whether they let you help them or not, they may even blame you for them avoiding you, and only those truly selfless people of which their are so very few will be capable to look past themselves, even in their darkest moments, to lend aid to another in perhaps a situation less dire than even their own. Life, as a human being, is a narcissistic, vicious circle that no amount of self help or patience will cure. The world is fine. It's how people allow themselves to view it, their circumstances, as so much deeper than they are, allow their perceptions to paint their view of how the world is, or should be versus how it is. "Time heals all wounds" is a plea for the entropy of time to wear away at what we hold so dearly to ourselves, like the grand canyon, so that the marks left don't seem so deep after awhile. But pays no mind to the erosion that must occur for that valley to seem more shallow compared to the original jagged scar. What do we lose of ourselves, as we allow ourselves to become cold to our more innocent feelings of hope as a means of survival in a society that functions as no more than a simulation, a fake version of life where family and friends are treated like a promise rather than the privilege they are? An inevitability rather than a chance occurrence. A promise that can never be delivered on in full. A society of dreamers, not doing all that much to achieve that dream. More importantly who do we lose? Least of all ourselves.
Good things come with practice, diligence, and yes patience, but applied patience. Not time. Time is easily wasted on hope, and cares not for the breaks we take, it moves forever forward leaving those incapable of keeping up behind, and it's always later than you think. There is no "end goal." where you find yourself fully content, fully happy. That is a lie that will lead you into ever deeper depression as you seek something that will never be given to you. Even rich people, Even people with families, success, struggle with depression and loneliness. You struggle til the end, struggle to make that end worth the adventure and try to do as much good and cause as little harm as possible along the way.

Last edited:
Do not ever believe someone who tells you to be patient, to wait for the "good" to come to you.
You must achieve your own. On your own. People who love you dearly and who you love are their own people and cannot be relied upon for support, as they will abandon you in your time of need. Not because they are trying to hurt you, but because they too are, in the end alone, on their own, or atleast they will feel that way and moreoften than not, turn away from your friendship and that of others rather than to let you in, and it will hurt you to be turned away when you wish to help someone you love. Don't let your own loneliness exacerbate the emptiness within others by ever lashing out at them for your own self-perceived pain, as you will more often than not find once they've healed, they will have no need for someone who did not help them heal, regardless of whether they let you help them or not, they may even blame you for them avoiding you, and only those truly selfless people of which their are so very few will be capable to look past themselves, even in their darkest moments, to lend aid to another in perhaps a situation less dire than even their own. Life, as a human being, is a narcissistic, vicious circle that no amount of self help or patience will cure. The world is fine. It's how people allow themselves to view it, their circumstances, as so much deeper than they are, allow their perceptions to paint their view of how the world is, or should be versus how it is. "Time heals all wounds" is a plea for the entropy of time to wear away at what we hold so dearly to ourselves, like the grand canyon, so that the marks left don't seem so deep after awhile. But pays no mind to the erosion that must occur for that valley to seem more shallow compared to the original jagged scar. What do we lose of ourselves, as we allow ourselves to become cold to our more innocent feelings of hope as a means of survival in a society that functions as no more than a simulation, a fake version of life where family and friends are treated like a promise rather than the privilege they are? An inevitability rather than a chance occurrence. A promise that can never be delivered on in full. A society of dreamers, not doing all that much to achieve that dream. More importantly who do we lose? Least of all ourselves.
Good things come with practice, diligence, and yes patience, but applied patience. Not time. Time is easily wasted on hope, and cares not for the breaks we take, it moves forever forward leaving those incapable of keeping up behind, and it's always later than you think. There is no "end goal." where you find yourself fully content, fully happy. That is a lie that will lead you into ever deeper depression as you seek something that will never be given to you. Even rich people, Even people with families, success, struggle with depression and loneliness. You struggle til the end, struggle to make that end worth the adventure and try to do as much good and cause as little harm as possible along the way.
Good advice! Dreaming doesn't get what you want. It requires planning and action.

Good advice! Dreaming doesn't get what you want. It requires planning and action.
I appreciate it. I often feel like my opinions can be aggressive. But I never mean to "attack". People may attribute aggressive nature to "male toxicity" but the truth is that humanity itself is a spectrum of features, and that gender, outside of having children, is entirely irrelevant to ones personality. Attributing any one feature of humanity to any subsect of humanity is misguided at best, prejudism at worst that leads people to think of themselves based on what society values of what they can provide rather than what they value of themselves. You aren't the man or woman you see when you look in the mirror. You are the consciousness within. The chemicals your body produces are no more or less "who you are" than any antidepressant you take or which flavor of Doritos you eat. I get upset at the idea that men and women are somehow separate when they are, in fact, one whole cosmic being, one whole god-tier entity capable of creating life and beauty, in more ways than one. Music, Literature, Art. To me, we are the Universe here to observe itself so it may reflect. Individuality to me, despite my acknowledgement of it as a bleak reality, is what holds humanity back.
I am a big fan of Doctor Who. There were people objectively upset when The Doctor was recast as a woman. And I say... why? The Doctor can be anyone. That's the entire point of The Doctor. The Doctor isn't a man, or a woman, or a Grandpa, or Grandma. The Doctor is an idea. A desperado, a vigilante, a gunslinger of time and space, with no gun.

Last edited:
I appreciate it. I often feel like my opinions can be aggressive. But I never mean to "attack". People may attribute aggressive nature to "male toxicity" but the truth is that humanity itself is a spectrum of features, and that gender, outside of having children, is entirely irrelevant to ones personality. Attributing any one feature of humanity to any subsect of humanity is misguided at best, prejudism at worst that leads people to think of themselves based on what society values of what they can provide rather than what they value of themselves. You aren't the man or woman you see when you look in the mirror. You are the consciousness within. The chemicals your body produces are no more or less "who you are" than any antidepressant you take or which flavor of Doritos you eat.
Sometimes a kick in the butt is what people need even if it ruffles their feathers.

Not gonna lie, I'm having some difficulty getting through this because of the lack of spacing. I used to type the same way until someone got agitated with me and pointed it out. I'm glad they did though, cuz spacing between paragraphs even makes proof reading my own content easier.

That aside; good points made. In modern society, we are taught to only look out for ourselves. I think that's sad because it's the kind of attitude that goes quite viral. As people that feel no one is looking out for them, will more often than not, neglect to look out for others.

I think it's terrible. We really should all look out for one another. Because when one of us feels pain, we all do. As it is highly unlikely for the effects of emotional pain to ever stop at a single individual.

While I don't believe in religion, I do strongly believe that negativity begets negativity, just as positivity begets positivity.

Kindness is present. You just need to cast a wide enough net. Granted some people would be temporarily more fortunate to get more kindness in their lives compared to some others. Some people are in between extremes as well.

Latest posts

Back