The Nothingness of Modern Life

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I agree it's like everybody is in the Matrix. I partially broke out of it, quit working, and travelled around enjoying nature. I did it for about a decade. I felt free. But, I've drifted back for a variety of reasons. I even almost applied for the same job I left more then a decade ago. But, I knew I would be plugging back in. I would have had to reestablish so many things I just said F it and didn't apply.

But, yet, I've stuck myself in my house in the city and I'm basically just spinning my wheels waiting to die. I feel like I want to sell off everything, build a trailer, hook it to my truck, and head out back into nature. But, I'm older now and I like sleeping on a bed with climate control, a TV, a door to shut out the world, etc, etc, etc. So, I guess this is it for me now. It seems like a waste. But, I'm not sure what to do.

A little while ago I figured I should start ridding myself of all my excess stuff so if I do decided to head out again it'll be easier. Atleast it makes me feel like I'm moving in the right direction. My common sense tells me that I should stay put. I'm in a good situation here. But................ I'm just waiting for things to happen. It's a waste.

All you can do is LOVE yourself & treat your inner-child to every nice thing you can......
I feel you brother...I almost hung myself in despair 15 years ago..

No matter how shitty life can get, somebody has it WORSE !!!

Yeah, the best advice, which I don't heed, is to ignore all the problems and enjoy whatever you can, when you can, as long as it doesn't do any harm. If something bad is going to happen, then it's going to happen. It doesn't help to worry about especially if you can't do anything about it.

But, there are problems everywhere. Real **** big ones too. So, I have a difficult time ignoring them. I should stop watching TV. But, I wont. Ha! ha!

This Forum is truly helping me heal from old emotional wounds.

Be kind to myself & enjoy living this life.

Pain shared is pain lessened.

Thanx to my friends here too!
Peace :love: (y)

I love that song dan 💙✌🏼🎶

no, its a great opportunity to rise to the challenge. if you let yourself fall prey to nihilism, then you're part of the problem

I think the modern world offers pain and addiction, addiction to smart devices.

Yeah, I agree it's like everybody is in the Matrix. I partially broke out of it, quit working, and travelled around enjoying nature. I did it for about a decade. I felt free. But, I've drifted back for a variety of reasons. I even almost applied for the same job I left more then a decade ago. But, I knew I would be plugging back in. I would have had to reestablish so many things I just said F it and didn't apply.

But, yet, I've stuck myself in my house in the city and I'm basically just spinning my wheels waiting to die. I feel like I want to sell off everything, build a trailer, hook it to my truck, and head out back into nature. But, I'm older now and I like sleeping on a bed with climate control, a TV, a door to shut out the world, etc, etc, etc. So, I guess this is it for me now. It seems like a waste. But, I'm not sure what to do.

A little while ago I figured I should start ridding myself of all my excess stuff so if I do decided to head out again it'll be easier. Atleast it makes me feel like I'm moving in the right direction. My common sense tells me that I should stay put. I'm in a good situation here. But................ I'm just waiting for things to happen. It's a waste.
What interests do you have?

Latest posts

Back