The trouble with boredom, low inspiration juice, and social media

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MKDmn

Reaction score
Hi. This is my first post here on the forums.

I want to continue working on parody videos and other stuff that aren't related to that, but my motivation and inspiration dies down sometimes from exhaustion, lack of media I haven't heard of, technical difficulties with both software and hardware, and the most problematic, social media.

Half of my media addiction was over when I deleted my Twitter account, and added a blocking extension. I still have Discord, because it's the place where I get global help, but at the same time, bad information just like Twitter. I have to go on Discord many times to struggle with finding something that can inspire/entertain me for an hour or two. The downside is when I'm aimlessly wandering around for something good, I end up looking at bad news myself. I tried asking for help about my problems and requests, but no one knows how or where, so they ignored me like I'm a ghost.

About the other problems, the exhaustion comes from school every week. It's not the work I'm talking about, it's when I run around in excitement until I get tired, or when I getting cooked by the sun. It melts my brain into a state where I can't even open up a program and do something productive at home because I was sleepy. Media I didn't know that exists; The kind I like that are surreal, not boring, interesting, well-edited, hilarious, not cliched, or not a meme.

I really hope someone can answer me this problem soon.

Ok, let me get this straight. I am not sure i got it on account of the strange phrasing.

You have a project in mind you want to work at but every time you start working you either: 

a) Procrastinate by using social media or aimless surfing through news feeds(?)

b) Lack the energy to do anything on account of exhausting yourself physically by running around or doing some kind of physical activity.   

Well currently, i struggle from a similar issue with my research. Every time i sit down, i distract myself with youtube videos and such. One i try that works for me sometimes i getting a cup of coffee (Black and strong), pop in my earphones, and blast some funky upbeat music (House or techno). I find that some times doing this helps get me in the zone easier and once i am there, i am productive as hell. I even start bopping my head and micro dancing in my chair, much to the bewilderment to anyone around me  :p

Hope this helps somewhat, i would prefer you rewrite your post in a more clear and concise manner in order for other members to get a clear picture of what you are struggling with (I am assuming english isnt your first language?)

What parody are you working on anyway?

Sorry about the poor grammar. I'm not really smart. The parody I'm working on are three YouTube Poops. One that's fast paced, one that's bizzare, and one that is colorful, and they have very different styles for each YTP.

My sister says that black coffee is unhealthy, because it ruins your teeth and much more. She recommends me green tea my mom makes every morning. Your idea might actually work if I can find some non-repetitive/hypnotic intense music.

Thanks for the help. A few months later, I'm getting some motivation. I could maybe try some energy drinks when I get unmotivated.

Latest posts

Back