The worst part of my Self-Esteem is the evidence backing it.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XehanortXIII

Reaction score
I'm an atheist who, much like Ricky Gervais and Neil DeGrasse Tyson, only really believes in factual evidence. There were way too many moments in my life where I believed things at either face value or based on my personal faith in something - call it God at one point, "the Universe", my exes or even myself - and because of it I was punished. With extreme prejudice. I've come to learn the hard way that things are only actually real if they're backed up by solid evidence. Facts, which cannot be denied by anybody - not even myself. After all, Facts do not care about your feelings, personal beliefs, emotions, your mood during that particular day or the next... They do not care about your biases or traumas, about your past, present or future. Facts are what they are. We can either accept them and move on, or continue to reject them pointlessly, only to be faced with reality like a truck with no breaks is faced with a wall.

Taking that into consideration... No matter how much I believe this is the right way to go about your life, I'm still suffering. Because if there's anything I've collected enough factual evidence for... Is how unlovable, unattractive and insignificant I am. Across my 29 years living in this world, I've collected way too many negative descriptions of my physique (no matter if I'm thin, fat, long-haired or short-haired, if I dress formally or casually, if I take care of myself or not), and have been friend zoned on sight far too many times. Things have happened to me with women that, when I talk about them, people often feel like I'm describing an overly dramatic soap-opera. One of my best friends (a gay woman) is always in shock to hear how my interactions with women go. She struggles to accept that women can behave this way - being a woman herself.

So I've come to a point in my life where I can't believe things are ever going to get better. Ever. Not out of "negativity" or "pessimism" or "sadness" or "depression". Yes, I suffer from those symptoms. But they're not the ones acting as the core of this belief... Facts are. Undeniable facts. The mathematical absurdity of my situation that even sends my female friends into a confused frenzy out of not being able to explain it themselves can only be explained in one way: I was simply not born to be loved, attractive or significant. Not even my own mother wanted me to be born, and as she constantly demonstrated it during my years being her target of abuse (yes, even that one), she hated that I was alive, she regretted that I had been born to her.

The worst part about this fight my father wants me to win is that it can't be won. This enemy can't be beat. You can't beat facts with fiction. You can't beat reality with imagination. At the end of the day no matter how much I try to smile and be happy to be alive... The reality of the situation is shown to me by the darkness of my sunless room, the emptiness of my bed, the scars left in my heart, and the words from all the women I've loved echoing in my head... Reminding me that they are much, much better without me. Everybody is.

So perhaps... Perhaps I should've died. Perhaps I am better off dead. No... Not "perhaps". I certainly am better off dead.

Hey dude I know the feelings you hold. Or some what pretty much all the time. It's a tough battle.

I know with me people can tell I'm an introvert very quickly.

What are some of the things or experiences you have with women if you don't mind sharing. You can pm me..no expert but I wouldn't be against listening.

Well, experiences with women include but are not limited to being stood up in the altar as our wedding ceremony commences, leaving with who was said to be my "best friend" only due to him being wealthier than me.

Well, experiences with women include but are not limited to being stood up in the altar as our wedding ceremony commences, leaving with who was said to be my "best friend" only due to him being wealthier than me.

That wouldve hurt no doubt. Cannot imagine going through that but least it showed you their true colours!

Sometimes it's better early to see than later.

Sure. I mean I can tell this story laughing now, it happened a long time ago. But it's undeniable that it serves as another brick in the wall that is the evidence working against me.

im so sorry to hear that dude but i need to disagree..i may sound like a hypocrite cause i hate myself so much i could think of a couple of ways to say i dont deserve to live myself.. but think of it this way, there are so mant terrible people out there- pedophiles, womanizes, swindlers, rapist, murders, etc. and they still believe they deserve to live. sure they must have a hell of a mental gymnastics whachamacallit. dont you think you deserve to live better than they do?

Maybe this is not a reflection of you, but instead a reflection of her. Why do YOU have to carry the freight because she was a weak person?

I know that saying this wont make a dent, because I used to think a LOT like you and when people would say this to me, I used to write it off as a platitude. But no one is going to think more highly of you, until you think more highly of yourself.

It is going to hit you one day, like a ton of bricks- what people think of you means absolutely nothing and you can be whoever you feel like you want to be. I used to walk around and say the same exact things you wrote in the opening post of this thread (struck a huge chord w me!). That I was not worthy or meant for love and all of that. I can pinpoint the exact moment that all of this changed- when I demystified women. One day, I got with a woman who I believed to be way out of her league. I was watching her get dressed in the morning, and she was having trouble sliding her tight jeans back on. She looked good, but she was having trouble because she was doughy. Some pudge made it hard for her to slide them back up. Her legs had some slight cellulite on it. Her hair was all messed up and her make up was all messed up. And it hit me right then and there.. ¨THIS is what I was afraid of? THIS is what I placed on a pedestal that made me feel like I had nothing interesting to offer?¨ She wasn´t even capable of carrying 10 minutes of plain ol everyday conversation with me. But she had the social media accounts with the stupid duck faces. She posted pics of the ONE vacation she went to several years ago... SEVERAL times thoughout the years... but with captions that made her seem like a ¨deep thinker¨. And that was the day that I decided that there is nothing more ridiculous in the world than me trying to be ¨worthy¨ for someone.

The greatest thing in the world is to be able to walk away from someone like the flick of a lightswitch. You do it in conversations. You do it in relationships, if you feel like it. What are you trying to be worthy for? That chick you find hot- she probably hasn´t changed her underwear in 2 days and is on her couch eating cheetos wearing stained sweatpants. Just like a dude. She is insecure, and somewhere, this is another man who isnt even sparing a thought on her making her feel the way she makes you feel. She hates her job. She hates waking up early. And she only tries to make herself interesting for men who she finds are ¨worth it¨. They are nothing but low key dudes- and there is nothing intimidating about them.

Latest posts

Back