Things that entertain you?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I found part of a trailer for cheap that I will use along with my current trailer and a new bigger axle to make a storage / solar generator enclosed trailer for myself should I decide to sell off everything and live in my truck. It will be another big project that will require a lot of welding and custom fabricating. Just another thing to add to my list. ;)

I found part of a trailer for cheap that I will use along with my current trailer and a new bigger axle to make a storage / solar generator enclosed trailer for myself should I decide to sell off everything and live in my truck. It will be another big project that will require a lot of welding and custom fabricating. Just another thing to add to my list. ;)
My dad does these types of projects I really admire his ability to take on DIY projects and fix things it is a great quality I wish I had, and I am trying to work on it. So that is awesome man hope all turns out well for you, I haven't heard much from you recently figured you were busy that's great keep up the work brother have a wonderful day. (it's probably because I have been consumed in my research as of late)

My dad does these types of projects I really admire his ability to take on DIY projects and fix things it is a great quality I wish I had, and I am trying to work on it. So that is awesome man hope all turns out well for you, I haven't heard much from you recently figured you were busy that's great keep up the work brother have a wonderful day. (it's probably because I have been consumed in my research as of late)
Welding and working with metal is fun.

Yeah, this morning up until just now I was doing more soldering, programming, and figuring out how to override some stuff on the CPU for the microcontroller I'm using with my alarm project. I needed to jumper two extremely tiny cpu pins about the size of 5 human hairs. I just barely missed and soldered the wrong two. I tried for a half an hour to remove the solder joint. But, I just couldn't. I ended up messing up the CPU and had to toss it into the trash, $5 wasted due to a minor mistake. Oh well. It was an accident. My projects are nearly always huge time sucks. I usually work on frustrating stuff too. Ha! ha!

Welding and working with metal is fun.

Yeah, this morning up until just now I was doing more soldering, programming, and figuring out how to override some stuff on the CPU for the microcontroller I'm using with my alarm project. I needed to jumper two extremely tiny cpu pins about the size of 5 human hairs. I just barely missed and soldered the wrong two. I tried for a half an hour to remove the solder joint. But, I just couldn't. I ended up messing up the CPU and had to toss it into the trash, $5 wasted due to a minor mistake. Oh well. It was an accident. My projects are nearly always huge time sucks. I usually work on frustrating stuff too. Ha! ha!
If you ever find the time you could visit my other thread about networking your talents I would very much like to pick your brain (you don't have to teach me) just point me in the right direction for ways I could learn how to get better familiar with computers and tech in general, need all the help I could get.

That's so cool, having an escape plan and being able to weld. I wanted to learn to weld when I was younger, much younger.

That's so cool, having an escape plan and being able to weld. I wanted to learn to weld when I was younger, much younger.
I'm internally battling myself. On the one hand I REALLY want to sell off everything and hit the road. I really LOVE having my home wherever I'm current at while being able to easily move it. It allows me to endlessly explore which is what I like to do.

However, financially, with inflation, I'm sure if I do sell in the next couple years I will never have another house. I try to imagine my health in say 10 - 15 years. It's MUCH more comfortable living in a house. The location of the house I'm living in now is great. The neighbors suck and will retire and become even more of a problem in about 5 - 8 years. So, I'd like to leave.

So, after I calm down when I think about it, I decide to move towards selling off everything, building the trailer, and getting ready to go. That way if it works out and I decide to do it I'll be totally prepared. I will just have to hope for the best and take the chance. But, being a homeless really old dude, in 10 - 30 years, doesn't sound very fun.

I'm internally battling myself. On the one hand I REALLY want to sell off everything and hit the road. I really LOVE having my home wherever I'm current at while being able to easily move it. It allows me to endlessly explore which is what I like to do.

However, financially, with inflation, I'm sure if I do sell in the next couple years I will never have another house. I try to imagine my health in say 10 - 15 years. It's MUCH more comfortable living in a house. The location of the house I'm living in now is great. The neighbors suck and will retire and become even more of a problem in about 5 - 8 years. So, I'd like to leave.

So, after I calm down when I think about it, I decide to move towards selling off everything, building the trailer, and getting ready to go. That way if it works out and I decide to do it I'll be totally prepared. I will just have to hope for the best and take the chance. But, being a homeless really old dude, in 10 - 30 years, doesn't sound very fun.
You won't be homeless so long as you have your truck and your trailer. Its an amazing plan seriously. Im a little jealous of you right now. I almost bought a camper a couple of years ago just to have when the time came.

You won't be homeless so long as you have your truck and your trailer. Its an amazing plan seriously. Im a little jealous of you right now. I almost bought a camper a couple of years ago just to have when the time came.
Want me to come pick you up when I leave here? Ha! ha!

I've actually spent most of my life travelling, camping, hiking, fishing, and basically exploring. But, I always hated having to come back home. But, many things are difficult when you don't have a home with an address. With more and more people becoming homeless maybe things will get easier.

Want me to come pick you up when I leave here? Ha! ha!

I've actually spent most of my life travelling, camping, hiking, fishing, and basically exploring. But, I always hated having to come back home. But, many things are difficult when you don't have a home with an address. With more and more people becoming homeless maybe things will get easier.
Yes. I need some lessons in survival skills.

Benefits of being an easily entertained creative:
It's cost efficient.

Drawbacks of being an easily entertained creative:
"Now what the Hell was I thinking about 20 minutes ago?" :unsure:

😂😂😂

Benefits of being an easily entertained creative:
It's cost efficient.

Drawbacks of being an easily entertained creative:
"Now what the Hell was I thinking about 20 minutes ago?" :unsure:

😂😂😂
I am about to make a thread about a book I am reading a famous book by an Italian poet that talks about this term (hell) in a very creative way 😈 it is a fictional story about true love. Stay tuned

Sales staff in guitar shops that work on commission, man those poor saps will let me set up as many effects and pedals as I want and play for hours.

Watching someone do something they are passionate about. It can be a pianist playing a piece they feel connected to, a dancer expressing something painful, a sculptor with a vision that only they can see until they finish their piece, an athlete pushing himself to be the best, someone simply talking about a topic or something they love. Basically, I love and can appreciate the opportunity to witness anyone expressing real, intense, real, and raw anything in that moment.

Watching someone do something they are passionate about. It can be a pianist playing a piece they feel connected to, a dancer expressing something painful, a sculptor with a vision that only they can see until they finish their piece, an athlete pushing himself to be the best, someone simply talking about a topic or something they love. Basically, I love and can appreciate the opportunity to witness anyone expressing real, intense, real, and raw anything in that moment.
I have a musical instrument thread I enjoy watching because of the same thing you said I enjoy watching them play

Latest posts

Back