Thinking about relationships is so depressing for me...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlackCat

Reaction score
I won't really be able to get in one for another year or two. It depresses me to no end. My best friends are in relationships, and they like to talk to me about it since I am the adviser and helper of my friend group. I always give the best advice it seems. But, I have been aching for love, and when I get told about relationships and things, I just get so depressed. Like, bad depressed.

I had to draw the line. Today I told my friends to not talk about their relationships around me ever again. It just bothers me so much, it makes me feel like there is a black whole in my heart, because they are talking about the one thing that I desire most that I won't be getting for a while. I want to hear them out, but... I just can't.

I know a good partner will come around. I'm guessing around college. But... that will be about another year or so! I don't know if I can take this anymore... I get more and more depressed the more I think about it (there isn't much else to really think about either.).

Can anyone give me some advice or at least some comfort? I am very very bothered by this whole thing.

Well it seems that most of your friends have partners. At 18 not all have. I would say only about 50% at a Guss of course. Am just going on the ppl I know. So if all your mates have got partners that's not going to make you feel good about yourself. Specially if they keep talking to you about it. I know how it is when a mate talks to you about problems he's having with the GF/wife and am thinking I have nobody and your wining to me lol. well it can make you feel equally as bad if your in a bad relationship. I would say you should try to enjoy your Singleton life why you have it. You may end up at college and fall in love and never be able to enjoy such freedom ever again.

just try to enjoy where your at. You have lots of friends that obviously trust and respect you.

The flipside of being sad because you're single, is that you're single, so now there are things you can do that you couldn't do if you had a girlfriend. And since you're looking forward to a new girlfriend, maybe you want to quit smoking or become a better massuse or something, you know, something that'll please your future g/f? I feel it's always better to *do* something, in this case, even if it is something else than active going for a new girlfriend.

Another thing that I found helpful before, is to decide on beforehand, that for the next X months, you are *not* going to get a new girlfriend (should anything happen, then screw the rule). The point? Well, even if you only half-way believe it, you're probably gonna be more relaxed, more confident, and thus making you more likely to be approached.

I know this might seem weird, so discard it if you want ;)

A relationship takes work, alot of work. If you get into a wrong relationship it'll take everything out of you.
Pick your partner wisely, though it might be hard becuase the heart wants what the heart wants.
Romance is what most people seek or want and keeping fire buring also takes work.
Friendship is key, communication is key. It takes time and it dosn't happen over nite.
A relationship is a process. A learning process. The ironic lesson is...it'll teach you to love and accept yourself more.
A relationship will bring out the worst in you and also the best in you.
A relationship will also force you to face your fears. Sometimes you'll even get religiouse and pray alot.lol
It's also a balancing act between work, love and play.

Nothing is garantee. Life is not garantee.
If you have the crush for someone..say so. At the very least they'll say "NO" and you'll get rejected.
You will at least face your fears.

I write this becuase I wanted everything to be okay, the right place and the right time.
It's the biggest regret I've have to face in my life. I nevered told her how much I loved
her. Though she might have know it, I never allow myself to open up to her.
She passed away earily this year.

Thanks for all of the replies people.
Unacceptance said:
How active have you been in looking for a partner? Have you found someone even worth considering?

Well. That's the thing, where I live there is hardly no one. I am in the sticks. This all may change when I get in school, I could meet someone, but I don't know for now.

I should think positive about this whole situation, but it's hard when you have been single for so long.

I'm sure you will find someone in college. (That is the school you are talking about?)

I just graduated high school and it can be annoying when people hook up left and right but really, do any of those girls interest you? Would you date any of them?

Maybe it is better to wait for that relationship that will be really meaningful to you rather than the puppy love high school relationships.

Think of it this way. You can't be all that bad if your friends keep coming to you for advice. Obviously you know something they don't about relationships ;-)

Latest posts

Back