Thought I was the only one....

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lucylou

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I'm new here, signed up not long ago but have just been reading posts for a few days. I have already felt such a sense of relief knowing as I read the stories that I am not alone out here. I'm a 54 year old single female living close to Charleston, SC. All of my life I've felt like I am the odd person out, never having any friends and having such low self esteem any man that paid any attention I clung onto even though they always mistreated me, but I guess in my mind any attention was better than none. I have been married 3 times, my last husband passed away over a year ago and not to sound callous but I didn't shed a tear. His own daughter told me she was glad he was dead so he couldn't hurt anyone else, profound. I had a nervous breakdown 5 years ago and ended up losing my business which should have been my retirement, so I had to start over again broke, ashamed of myself and isolated from my family because I'm the "crazy." In my family you never let anyone on the outside know what's going on in the inside. My only child, a son 26 years old, no longer speaks to me because he doesn't think mental illness is a real thing and I just make him angry. I suffer from social anxiety and depression. The only thing that keeps me from driving my car into the lake sometimes are my 2 rescue dogs Lucy and Josie who I know if I weren't here no one would love them like I do. The real reason I haven't posted yet is the fear that no one out there will even respond but since reading along it seems there are some really great people here. Thanks for reading and being here!

Welcome. Your story is very relatable for me. I hope you find some company and comfort here, maybe even a few laughs.

Hi Lucy,
yeah, I fit in here.
a bunch of special kind of crazy, kind, smart, emotionally-isolated people
in the outside world, it's hard to connect with people who are so different
so welcome

The real reason I haven't posted yet is the fear that no one out there will even respond but since reading along it seems there are some really great people here. Thanks for reading and being here!
Yeah...... there are a lot of really great people here. But, I'm here too though. Ha! ha! Nothings perfect!

Thank you for sharing your story! There are many here who can relate, so you found the right place. I've also found that often the "crazy" ones in the family are actually the sane ones in many ways. I think I'm one of the "crazies" in my family, so I get it. Welcome!

Thank you for sharing your story! There are many here who can relate, so you found the right place. I've also found that often the "crazy" ones in the family are actually the sane ones in many ways. I think I'm one of the "crazies" in my family, so I get it. Welcome!
I think everyone has issues just some people work so hard to hide them. Thanks for the welcome.

Hi everyone. I'm new here, signed up not long ago but have just been reading posts for a few days. I have already felt such a sense of relief knowing as I read the stories that I am not alone out here. I'm a 54 year old single female living close to Charleston, SC. All of my life I've felt like I am the odd person out, never having any friends and having such low self esteem any man that paid any attention I clung onto even though they always mistreated me, but I guess in my mind any attention was better than none. I have been married 3 times, my last husband passed away over a year ago and not to sound callous but I didn't shed a tear. His own daughter told me she was glad he was dead so he couldn't hurt anyone else, profound. I had a nervous breakdown 5 years ago and ended up losing my business which should have been my retirement, so I had to start over again broke, ashamed of myself and isolated from my family because I'm the "crazy." In my family you never let anyone on the outside know what's going on in the inside. My only child, a son 26 years old, no longer speaks to me because he doesn't think mental illness is a real thing and I just make him angry. I suffer from social anxiety and depression. The only thing that keeps me from driving my car into the lake sometimes are my 2 rescue dogs Lucy and Josie who I know if I weren't here no one would love them like I do. The real reason I haven't posted yet is the fear that no one out there will even respond but since reading along it seems there are some really great people here. Thanks for reading and being here!

You're not the only one. Everyone has a story. Whatever you have, there's always someone who has it much worse. Even if they are not on this site. You must really hate your car if you want to drive it into a lake. I can only wish for dogs. They are good emotional support animals. Many around me have them. I can't. I'm homeless and don't have my own land or property anywhere on the planet. I think i also suffer from some kind of anxiety but not depression. I have too much honeysuckle going on to be depressed lol.

Welcome to the forums. It sounds like you have been through a lot.

I believe everyone could write a book about their life that no one would believe,
so true
I told someone (outside of here) one thing not too long ago
her response.... I thought that only happened in books!

and here we are...

Latest posts

Back