Tied to the Chair [lonely music!]

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matt

Reaction score
This piece was derived directly from loneliness. First off, I wrote the soprano melody at around 3am in the middle of the night - in complete darkness, save for my computer monitor. Everyone else asleep, and it seemed like I was isolated in this daze of a dreamworld. Secondly, I wrote this as an ode to a particular girl who probably suffered more loneliness (in addition to other things) than any of us here - if you want, you can look her up on Wikipedia as "Genie" the "feral child".

That said:
http://www.megafileupload.com/en/file/21314/Tied-to-the-Chair-mp3.html

For those of you who have studied music, this piece involves four-part voice leading, so it took an awfully long time to write. :D

Matt said:
This piece was derived directly from loneliness. First off, I wrote the soprano melody at around 3am in the middle of the night - in complete darkness, save for my computer monitor. Everyone else asleep, and it seemed like I was isolated in this daze of a dreamworld. Secondly, I wrote this as an ode to a particular girl who probably suffered more loneliness (in addition to other things) than any of us here - if you want, you can look her up on Wikipedia as "Genie" the "feral child".

That said:
http://www.megafileupload.com/en/file/21314/Tied-to-the-Chair-mp3.html

For those of you who have studied music, this piece involves four-part voice leading, so it took an awfully long time to write. :D

I think I can remember seeing that woman on television a few years ago. She has a pretty awful story, which your song accompanies well. It's sad but also a little bit hopeful. It's the sort of thing you might hear on a film soudtrack actually. It reminds me a bit of some of the music on the Philadelphia soundtrack. I like it, but it's made me a little sleepy. =)

Something for the background on a tv show. Conveys the feel very well but wouldn't get in the way of dialogue. Great example.

Have you ever tried writing for television? A friend of mine did and he's just an ordinary bloke without any showbiz pals or anything.

Give it a go. They look out for things like this.

^ Hm, I don't know. I can't really imagine this being played in the background of a television show. o_O

For some reason I'm having a problem downloading. Do you have it on your Myspace or Youtube?

^ For this recording, I used Finale 2007. Since the midi quality kind of sucked, I recorded it as an mp3 and distanced the left and right channels a bit to give it some animating reverb.

BUT I got Finale 2008 a few days ago and I absolutely LOVE it. <3

Now everything sounds soooo good. Wish I had started using VST before. ><

^^ Mmm, I don't use Myspace and I can't seem to upload files to Youtube. But I'm actually in the process of writing a much fuller extended piece, so you can just wait for that instead. :p

Latest posts

Back