tired of sex

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have nerve damage in both my upper and lower back from years of heavy lifting.
Sex was never a primary life concern to me, that stopped being a primary concern probably when I was like 25?
I enjoy sex, but I don't enjoy sex so much to put it on a pedestal and proclaim it to be a life changing event.
Unlike suffering physical damage, which can eventually put me in a wheelchair, and that would be a life changing event.
**** that really sucks. My back always hurt too. Yeah, sometimes I get more satifaction from going to the bathroom when I really have to go then from sex.

**** that really sucks. My back always hurt too. Yeah, sometimes I get more satifaction from going to the bathroom when I really have to go then from sex.

Yeah I actually had to re-teach myself how to yawn.
I have to turn my head to a sharp angle to yawn because if I just yawn while looking forward like a normal person, half of my body loses feeling and I end up kind of collapsing on the ground until the pinched nerve releases. Thankfully it only lasts a couple seconds, but still, ******* ow.

Yeah I actually had to re-teach myself how to yawn.
I have to turn my head to a sharp angle to yawn because if I just yawn while looking forward like a normal person, half of my body loses feeling and I end up kind of collapsing on the ground until the pinched nerve releases. Thankfully it only lasts a couple seconds, but still, ******* ow.
Is there any fixing that? The bicep on one of my arms is only partially attached due to a motor cycle crash. So, sometimes if I move my arm in a certain position the muscle will rotate and it's extremely painful. But, as soon as I rotate it back it's fine. So, I'm not going to have another surgery to fix that.

But, is back surgery possible? Would it do any good? Or would they just try to fuse bones as a way to stop the interference with the nerves?

Is there any fixing that? The bicep on one of my arms is only partially attached due to a motor cycle crash. So, sometimes if I move my arm in a certain position the muscle will rotate and it's extremely painful. But, as soon as I rotate it back it's fine. So, I'm not going to have another surgery to fix that.

But, is back surgery possible? Would it do any good? Or would they just try to fuse bones as a way to stop the interference with the nerves?

Not without spinal risk because it's my sciatic nerve, and I have neither the health insurance nor the income to cover the cost of something like that. Treatment is just that I'm not really supposed to over-exert myself lifting and to try not to use my back as much when doing so. But my shoulders are also suffering muscular inflammation from damaging because I worked in automotive wholesale distribution slinging tailpipes in bulk count for about a year. --That I did because I needed the money at the time, that was the only reason I did it. 2 years later, and I'm still taking 3 advil, 3 tylenol, 2 asprin all twice a day. Which apparently I'm told will eventually blow my veins out, but again, I don't have the health insurance to get medically seen properly for the potential narcotics I'd actually need to take, and even if I did, I'd still have to pay for the prescriptions. Anyway, I don't wanna go too far off topic and accidentally hijack the thread so I'm leaving this at this post.

Not without spinal risk because it's my sciatic nerve, and I have neither the health insurance nor the income to cover the cost of something like that. Treatment is just that I'm not really supposed to over-exert myself lifting and to try not to use my back as much when doing so. But my shoulders are also suffering muscular inflammation from damaging because I worked in automotive wholesale distribution slinging tailpipes in bulk count for about a year. --That I did because I needed the money at the time, that was the only reason I did it. 2 years later, and I'm still taking 3 advil, 3 tylenol, 2 asprin all twice a day. Which apparently I'm told will eventually blow my veins out, but again, I don't have the health insurance to get medically seen properly for the potential narcotics I'd actually need to take, and even if I did, I'd still have to pay for the prescriptions. Anyway, I don't wanna go too far off topic and accidentally hijack the thread so I'm leaving this at this post.
How about marijuana? Skip the asprin regimine. Also to stay on topic: Would marijuana diminish one's sex drive?

How about marijuana? Skip the asprin regimine. Also to stay on topic: Would marijuana diminish one's sex drive?

Weed helps, but getting it legally is $500 dollars and requires me to get seen by a doctor in the next city over an hour away because he's the closest doctor able to give me a license for it. My sister has a neurological disorder, so she already has her license for it, so I just buy through her. I can't afford to smoke all of the time though, it gets expensive pretty fast but it does actually help with the pain.

Weed sometimes makes me more turned on.
So it doesn't kill my sex drive, it enhances it. 😂
Plus having an orgasm while high is an incredible experience.

It can, however, also make me hyper-focused if I'm reading through a rabbit hole online, or playing a game/watching a sci-fi movie, in which case, yeah, I'm not going to get turned on because my mind is preoccupied with other stuff.

Latest posts

Back