To Be or Not To Be Weird

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been called weird, but mostly people use other words, though I'm sure they mean "weird".
I really dunno why, I'm not, I don't have any unusual hobbies, don't wear any unusual clothes, even don't have any unusal points of view. Just an ordinary one, the most ordinary in the world: I have a kid, a job and a damned mortgage. I do fit all the norms, don't I?
Maybe there is smth else, not only those norms. Anyway I used to think about it but now I don't care, I think they are just weird themselves - that's the answer)

I guess we're all in good company. I've also been called weird all of my life. I've never felt "weird," though, I just felt like myself. When I've made friends they have almost always said "I like you, you're weird," which I took as a compliment, but I never fully understood it. I tend to appreciate the so-called "weird" people I meet and I'm often bored by the so-called "normal" people I run into. I'm not really sure where people draw the line. I used to draw a lot in school and people said that some of it was "weird." I've always liked "weird music," apparently, eat "weird food," and do "weird things." They never seemed "weird" to me. I find a lot of the things that other people do "weird," so perhaps that says it all. I'm even pretty "weird" in my own family, though they're beginning to tolerate me more these days. I don't know. In any case, hello all you weird people!

With all the self-identifying weirdos here, I still think I'm authentic-weird and you're all just semi- or sometimes-weird.

1643864813286.png

I hated anyone calling me weird when I was younger. Wish I would have said this:

1643864872181.png

1643865072955.png

“There are people who are generic. They make generic responses and they expect generic answers. They live inside a box and they think people who don't fit into their box are weird. But I'll tell you what, generic people are the weird people. They are like genetically-manipulated plants growing inside a laboratory, like indistinguishable faces, like droids. Like ignorance.”
― C. JoyBell C.

It’s funny when someone calls you weird and then they either smile or chuckle and you give them a death stare as if you are offended. That or I just say thank you for being so spy on with their observational skills. I say own your weird and just be glad you aren’t a cookie cut

While weird in some ways, I would say am more of an individualist that values my own liberty, freedom, avoiding authority, resenting restrictions, challenging traditions, and believing in "do what you will, but cause no harm". Mostly, I just want left alone and able to go about my business without interference - Am a societal non-conformist that abhors small talk and normal social interactions - I really could be happy locked in bunker by myself with everything that I need for 30 years - it would be paradise for me.

Having socially taboo hobbies is no longer a weird thing.
Unless they're macabre, borderline illegal, or both.
Enter the Vulture Culture community-- People who find and clean the dead remains of animals to harvest the bones which they then sterilize, paint or carve with artistic designs, and very often either sell online or give away to their friends and others in the community.

If it sounds gross, that's because it kind of is at first, but results can actually be quite beautiful once the product is finished.

Something I learned about business in America is: Welcome to America, where if it exists, there's a market for it somewhere.

Don't worry about the way that people judge you, it is beyond the comprehension of the narrow mind to understand the vastness of everything else outside of its limited perspective.

I like heavy metal and I'm in retail management and logistically comprehensive, but also I genuinely enjoy the simplicity of the liberal arts in my downtime from work and spend countless hours on history documentaries doing cross-reference work to encyclopedias. But I'm also perpetually mentally stuck in the 1990s, never had a Tiktok, don't really care about Twitter.

Truth is stranger than fiction, what I find weird is prolonged mental stagnation, everyone finds something weird, somewhere. Just let it roll off your shoulders like water, it's nothing to be worried about.

I have plenty of times and it is usually when maybe my choices don't follow the societal norms. I think when you are unique and beat to your own drum, some people don't know how to deal with different to them and lavel it weird. Some of my favourite people in the word have been labelled weird. Embrace the title. My kids will say Muuuuum your so weirdo and I say "Thanks" I'm proud of it.

Latest posts

Back