Too disabled to be healthy, too healthy to be disabled

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bratwurst0516

Reaction score
I am nearing 60 in less than 5yrs.. I have been in four 'relationships' since 1987.

First was my marriage. In total, we were together 13yrs.(dating-2, engaged-3, married n living together-4.75, separated-3.
75). I was always seeing big differences in how (ex)wife's parents' treated her. Even before we got married. She was always treated like the 'ugly duckling', compared to her younger brother, step-brother, and step-sister. This even went on during our marriage. My (ex)wife even defended her parents' despite their obvious emotional mistreatment of her. While I looked to them on religion, it always knawed at me. That something was wrong with her, but she always denied it. I told her about the severity of my physical health. But when I had medical emergency, she basically abandoned me. 3.75yrs. after she left, I divorced her. I wad tired of being blamed for everything. 15yrs. after I divorced her, she finally admitted she has a disability.

Next, I was engaged to a mentally-ill woman who told me from the start. That had Bipolar Disorder. While there were lots of fun times AND, when I had two major seizures, she stayed by my side. But, When I told her to stop 'diagnosing' me. She immediately accused me of controlling her, and started preparing. We were together 4.5yrs.

Next was an LDR engagement with a woman who was also mentally-ill, but with OCD w/ hoarding. She was always concerned about my physical which was refreshing.

The fourth woman also had Bipolar Disorder. It was never an 'official' relationship but, I loved her regardless. Before Covid hit the globe, I visited her(she lived in CA, while I was in MD) in 2016, 2017 n' 2018. I moved in 2019 so I couldn't see her. That went 5yrs., until she died unexpectedly at 52, in Sep.'2021

What does that have to do with the title. People can't tell I have severe (physical)disabilities. So, They think nothing is wrong, and get mad when I say I can't do something or, that I have to do something a different way.

What is your disability?
Don't answer if you are not uncomfortable.

I have been seeing prostitutes since I was 19.
I've never had a real/free relationship.
I believe females (the attractive ones that I only have eyes for) do not want me because I was not born with a square jawline and chiseled facial features. Not saying that is the equivalent of a disability...but it sure does suck...

EDIT:
I'm 57 and I've only ever had female companionship for which I have paid.

Last edited:
you had a lot more sex than me at same age ... *silent envy*
Sheesh, you can’t tell that from what he wrote. Your obsession with sex is confining you.

…….. do not want me because I was not born with a square jawline and chiseled facial features……
Ridiculous. Just because you are shallow doesn’t mean every woman that’s not attracted to you is too.

Sheesh, you can’t tell that from what he wrote. Your obsession with sex is confining you.

Ridiculous. Just because you are shallow doesn’t mean every woman that’s not attracted to you is too.
yes I can ... and I saw your pics you workout so you care about look

it's implied in marriage / relationship ... according to this my comment wasn't directed at you either

nothing derails as long as a simple rule is held ... to attack the opinion not the opinator

This is interesting, I feel like I cant relate to this, in fact the more I say I have illnesses the more people want to prove to me I dont and I went to a doctor who is just giving out diagnosis's like a free lollipop, I hope your 60’s bring you love and light ✨

you had a lot more sex than me at same age ... *silent envy*
Well, With my (ex)wife, then my 1st (ex)fiance. Not much with 2nd (ex)fiance, nothing with the woman who died.
What is your disability?
Don't answer if you are not uncomfortable.

I have been seeing prostitutes since I was 19.
I've never had a real/free relationship.
I believe females (the attractive ones that I only have eyes for) do not want me because I was not born with a square jawline and chiseled facial features. Not saying that is the equivalent of a disability...but it sure does suck...

EDIT:
I'm 57 and I've only ever had female companionship for which I have paid.
Brain aneurysm-Diagnosed before I was 1yr.-old, clipped during 1st(of 6) brain surgery
Hydrocephalus-Caused by the brain aneurysm, shunted during 1st surgery. Revised/Replaced over the next five brain surgeries
Epilepsy-Caused by the brain surgeries.

People die from (just one of)the same health issues, all the time.

Brain Aneurysm:

Laura Branigan Singer, 52, 2004
Grant Imahara, Discovery Channel 'Mythbusters' part of the build team, 49(almost 50), 2020
Tom Sizemore, Actor, 61, 2023

Hydrocephalus:

Tim Conway, Actor and Comedian, 85, 2019

Epilepsy:

Florence Griffith-Joyner, World Class Olympic Track Athlete, 39, 1998

Those are just a few I know of.

All three health issues can occur in the general population as a result of head injury.
This is interesting, I feel like I cant relate to this, in fact the more I say I have illnesses the more people want to prove to me I dont and I went to a doctor who is just giving out diagnosis's like a free lollipop, I hope your 60’s bring you love and light ✨
My parents' keep doing that. They think, since I haven't had any major problems' in 20yrs., I don't need the clips on my 'annie', the shunt, or the seizure meds.

All three health issues can occur in the general population as a result of head injury.
My goodness.
My grandmother on my father's side died from a brain aneurysm.
You are beating the odds for sure.
Hope you keep on beating them.

This one's for you, good sir:

My goodness.
My grandmother on my father's side died from a brain aneurysm.
You are beating the odds for sure.
Hope you keep on beating them.

This one's for you, good sir:

I have been repeatedly told, I am a miracle. I am just a miracle that keeps on giving. That no one wants'. Because they can't handle responsibility if my (physical)health suddenly takes a dive.

Latest posts

Back