Too many days of loneliness...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The_Viking_King_56

A Lonely Life Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey there, I'm a retired guy (60+) who has been married to the same woman for 27 years. Was married to my first wife for 16 years before that. Unfortunately neither woman was able to provide me with the passionate, close loving relationship that my soul has desired since 3rd grade.
Current wife is extremely cold hearted and distant, has contributed greatly to my mental decline over the years. I'm starving for passion, for companionship. Starving for love.
Maybe just talking to people might help!

Welcome.

I'm not sure what response is proper here. There are relationship threads better suited. This is probably the site to sort out your pain. I'd suggest posting in the ISSUES forum.

For now, I hope you have a good experience here. There are plenty of us to chime in with questionable advice. :D

Hello and welcome I'm so sorry to hear this,I have a question for you,have you talked to your wife about this and about how you feel,I would suggest that you sit down with your wife and talk to her,tell her all about how you are feeling,tell her exactly how you are starving for her attention and affection.

Hello and welcome I'm so sorry to hear this,I have a question for you,have you talked to your wife about this and about how you feel,I would suggest that you sit down with your wife and talk to her,tell her all about how you are feeling,tell her exactly how you are starving for her attention and affection.
Hi there.
Yes, my wife knows exactly how I feel. When we first got together 27 years ago (we left our former spouses for each other) she turned her back on me after I told her one night laying in bed together only 2 months after we left together I told her "I love you so much that I just lay here at night looking at you because I don't want to miss a minute of being with you".
Then for several years she was cold as ice to me! It was obvious that she was screwing around with younger guys at work because they kept coming up to us when we were together and was hitting on her right in front of me!!! She wouldn't say a word back to them and they'd just look at her wondering where the flirtatious woman was.
She won't talk about what went on, but it was pretty obvious what was going on.
She is lying to me still about what went on. I finally got her to take a polygraph test concerning this situation which she failed totally.
I'm done trying to beat this dead horse to death, I'm ready to have an affair and make some secret memories of my own!
Thanks for your input.

Hi there.
Yes, my wife knows exactly how I feel. When we first got together 27 years ago (we left our former spouses for each other) she turned her back on me after I told her one night laying in bed together only 2 months after we left together I told her "I love you so much that I just lay here at night looking at you because I don't want to miss a minute of being with you".
Then for several years she was cold as ice to me! It was obvious that she was screwing around with younger guys at work because they kept coming up to us when we were together and was hitting on her right in front of me!!! She wouldn't say a word back to them and they'd just look at her wondering where the flirtatious woman was.
She won't talk about what went on, but it was pretty obvious what was going on.
She is lying to me still about what went on. I finally got her to take a polygraph test concerning this situation which she failed totally.
I'm done trying to beat this dead horse to death, I'm ready to have an affair and make some secret memories of my own!
Thanks for your input.
I'm so sorry to hear this,your very welcome,anytime.

It's very difficult to find the right person for you. Most settle. I'm glad I didn't. There are several people on this forum that are in marriages and lonely. I don't think it's too uncommon.
Very true Finished

It's very difficult to find the right person for you. Most settle. I'm glad I didn't. There are several people on this forum that are in marriages and lonely. I don't think it's too uncommon.
Well, I thought that she was the right person. We knew each for 20 years before we got together. Our siblings were married to each other. I never would have thought that she would do the things she did.

Well, I thought that she was the right person. We knew each for 20 years before we got together. Our siblings were married to each other. I never would have thought that she would do the things she did.
And........... that's the wild card that can't be predicted. People change. All of us do. Changing together can be very difficult.

And........... that's the wild card that can't be predicted. People change. All of us do. Changing together can be very difficult.
Wildcard for sure!!!! Blindsided me BIGTIME. Never expected it. Still dealing with the pain and crippling mental stress that it's caused 27 years later. And...it'll never get any better because I can't live with her but I can't live without her. I'm screwed.
(Just to clarify, the troublesome times were only the first couple of years of our relationship). But that situation has clouded all the years since. Ruining what we could have experienced together as a couple which pulls my guts out every time i think about it because we had such potential as a couple! We were beautiful together, both good looking people and had soooo much in common! But I guess only one of us wanted it.
Thanks for your support and opinion! It means a lot!

Latest posts

Back