training day

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beingnobody

Reaction score
I just officially began training for Thanksgiving day alone(again) by devouring a pretty disgusting excuse for a frozen TV turkey dinner (again).

It's a ritual of mine to fill my freezer with frozen turkey dinners the last week of every October in preparation for dread month.

I hate this whole time of year, til mid January when all this pretentious joy subsides.

Seriously, practically every adult I know claims to dread this season.

Tonight is going to DRAG!!

Probably fall asleep in front of TV, with lights ablaze, because I'll no doubt be pretty blazed myself.

I hope that doesn't offend anyone.

But I'm growed up..

Physically anyway.

So much to contemplate, analyze, and lament.

Again.

Redundant.

And we're off..

Why so negative about the season of giving and getting together with family? I'll be spending the holidays alone this year but there are still many things I have to be thankful for. It's not all bad.

You are in a forum for lonely people asking why someone would be negative about Thanksgiving.

No disrespect intended, but why are you in this forum?

Again, no disrespect intended, but you seem to be clueless.

Are you familiar with dysthymia?

This is a public forum, anyone can join and they don't all have to be lonely. Also, lonely is different for everyone. Just because YOU are lonely during the holidays doesn't mean everyone is. Lonely does not equate to hating the holidays. I'm no longer lonely, does that mean I have to leave? That I don't belong here? That I don't have anything to offer the people here? Whether you meant disrespect or not, you gave it, so maybe you're the one that needs to get a clue.

That being said, Assimilate is right. This is the season of giving, so why not get yourself out there and give. Maybe you will find someone to make your life a little less lonely, even if just for the holidays. Most communities offers meal to people who don't have family and friends to spend it with. So no, you probably wouldn't have to be alone/lonely during the holidays.

@TheRealCallie

I'm not lonely at all I've tons of friends at my hard core fundamentalist church, most of them are women too though they like to go on the 'net and pretend they're men 😉

I bloody love the holidays.

This is a public forum, anyone can join and they don't all have to be lonely. Also, lonely is different for everyone. Just because YOU are lonely during the holidays doesn't mean everyone is. Lonely does not equate to hating the holidays. I'm no longer lonely, does that mean I have to leave? That I don't belong here? That I don't have anything to offer the people here? Whether you meant disrespect or not, you gave it, so maybe you're the one that needs to get a clue.

That being said, Assimilate is right. This is the season of giving, so why not get yourself out there and give. Maybe you will find someone to make your life a little less lonely, even if just for the holidays. Most communities offers meal to people who don't have family and friends to spend it with. So no, you probably wouldn't have to be alone/lonely during the holidays.
Thank you for sharing your kindness. My anxieties are so severe I would be on the floor in a corner crying my eyes out in the situations you describe. This is possibly the worst time of year in terms of lonely people and suicides. I have plenty of "clues" having, unfortunately, survived two such attempts myself. Telling someone with my level dysthymia to "get out there" is like telling someone with severe mental illness "its all in your head." I know I am not skillful with words. I'll try harder

Thank you for sharing your kindness. My anxieties are so severe I would be on the floor in a corner crying my eyes out in the situations you describe. This is possibly the worst time of year in terms of lonely people and suicides. I have plenty of "clues" having, unfortunately, survived two such attempts myself. Telling someone with my level dysthymia to "get out there" is like telling someone with severe mental illness "its all in your head." I know I am not skillful with words. I'll try harder

Perhaps, but you will always have that level of dysthymia or a worse level if you don't keep trying to get out there. Sometimes, you just need to take baby steps and work your way up to where you want to be.

Latest posts

Back