Tried all my life

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am sorry to hear how badly you are hurting. It seems you are truly fed up and have no energy left to continue the quest. I understand to a point of your feelings. I have had many bad relationships with the wrong people. I know most women are good people, but I just pick the doozies. I will tell you this, do not blame yourself on the point of rejection. People always look for the ones that have the potential to "enhance" their lives. Everyone has their criteria for the type of person to add their lives. You were rejected by "some" women for unknown reasons. You did not try and meet up with every available woman on earth or in the country. Yor can't, not enough time in life. Do not be hard on yourself, people today have their set priorities of what they want. There is a good chance we do not have the qualities they seek. There is a woman out there that is seeking a man like you and what you offer. I know it is so very hard to find that person. I am sorry to hear you are giving up. A person needs a purpose and goal or such. Just take a break from looking. Try to concentrate on YOUR health!! Do not worry about "finding" that special one but get yourself feeling good if possible. Then if that comes about and confidence rises, go out and show what you have to offer. Not easy, just possibilities. Please do not give up on life!.
Quote from a movie: "A man only need one thing in life, someone to love. If you can't give him that then give him something to hope for. And if you can't give that,.........then just give him something to do."

unfortunately the world we live in right now is far from a good one. in order for one person to be happy another has to suffer. in order for the rich to get richer the poor must get poorer. in order for one to find love, another must search for a lifetime and find nothing

our need for love and our compatibility to each other in general are merely a way for us to continue to live our futile lives. now that humanity has passed the point where our survival is not in question, we dont NEED to procreate. but do the ties that bind us to that procreation break? no. we continue to be pulled toward each other with such force that many will sacrifice their lives for it

i think of it like this: a maid hunches over a clean floor with a small wet sponge. she scrubs the floor vigorously. the area where she is cleaning has long since been rid of dirt but she does not stop. she is obsessed and continues to scrub. she scrubs that single spot for her entire life. when she dies, the floor is clean, but at what cost?

what is the point of our lives right now? i feel like we are scrubbing the same spot on a floor while life passes us by

Out of gas...

I'm 22 years of age. I feel like there's no one out there for me because I consider myself unable to receive or give love. In fact, I'm afraid of it. I'd rather stay in my fantasy longing for someone instead of going out and trying to make it real.
You probably think, "Whoa, kid, you're so young, you have so much time, someone will come."

Why should I believe you? Would you believe me if I told you that there's someone out there for you too? Would you? I think not. And neither would I believe you. So much time has passed, and I feel like I've wasted it all. Yet I keep on going. Will I ever find love? Who knows. I just know one thing: it's only over when it's over. And it's not yet over.

You're 55, I'm 22. We'll only find out if we keep on going. When it never happens, however, we'll still be able to tell ourselves that we held on. That we hoped for something better.

I'm too young to give up maybe. You are too wise.
I won't take my chances and give up and maybe never find out that there actually is someone out there.

Will you?

Latest posts

Back