Triste here

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Triste

Reaction score
hello there yet another noob here :)

So I guess this is my intro, im gonna keep it short for now and maybe write in more detail some other time..

So im a kudish gal in my early 20ies from Denmark. I guess im here for the same reason as everyone els.. life is honeysuckle and it gets extra tough every now and then... most of my troubles are related to family and religion.. im an exmuslim apostate, more specifically agnostic atheist, my family are of course batshit crazy muslims so I cant exactly come out before im out of here.. So for now im living the life of a muslim, hijab and all that crap :rolleyes2: it gets lonely and very tirering having to pretend to be something im not but it is what it is and im working my way out of it. My life is pretty controlled so I dont exactly have the biggest social life going on which is what brings me here..

Just to make it clear I dont have anything against muslims or religion as a whole but I hold my right to critique and express my thoughts on matters I disagree with :)

so yeah nice to meet you all :)

thanks thanks :) and Peter Lorre, I see your Roy Orbison ave, very nice, he was an awesome singer!

Hey and welcome. I know sorta how you feel about having religion forced upon you, although not to the same degree. My parents are religious (catholics) and forced me to go to church and I went to a catholic school even though I didnt believe in any of it. Was probably an atheist since high school, but still had to go to church and stuff and really hated it. Once I got out of my parents town and went to college though it became less of an issue for me since I didnt have to spend my time pretending to follow a religion I didnt believe in any more.

thank you guys :)

21acceptedbeingalone said:
Hey and welcome. I know sorta how you feel about having religion forced upon you, although not to the same degree. My parents are religious (catholics) and forced me to go to church and I went to a catholic school even though I didnt believe in any of it. Was probably an atheist since high school, but still had to go to church and stuff and really hated it. Once I got out of my parents town and went to college though it became less of an issue for me since I didnt have to spend my time pretending to follow a religion I didnt believe in any more.

Thanks for the reply. Some catholics do get really fanatic about their practice in a way that resembles how a lot of muslims practice theirs.. So I definitely think the two have a lot in common. I had muslim sunday school, mosque visits and all that too :rolleyes:
Funny I became atheist in highschool too, at 14.

Getting out is all im waiting for, unfortunately my uni is in town so I cant leave before I graduate and there are quite a few years before that will happen.. so for now im stuck, but its nice to hear from someone who got away from it all.. its not fun to be born into a religion you dont believe in.

Ouch...my heart goes out to you, kid. I used to work in a pharma company where most of my collegues were Algerians, including a couple hardcore Salafists...Young dude I enjoyed talking to would take his breaks with me and ask me not to tell the others he smoked or that he didn't do Ramadan, because he didn't want to get his head caved in...
I hope things go better for you, dudette.

I can only imagine how tough life would be living within a Muslim family and culture, particularly for someone astute enough to see the problems with it. Unfortunately it seems, people who've been raised in a false religious environment, and chosen to reject it, almost always pursue an atheist/agnostic path instead. A bad taste of religion tends to scare anyone away from all religion.

I just want to plant a seed that others around you may not do by emphasizing that rejecting Islam does not need to be a rejection of God. In time, you may appreciate that you were created with a value and purpose in life - to love God, your Creator, and to learn how to love others. Don't let the many false religions or churches in this world get in the way of that. The right path in life is not to deny all meaning or purpose to life, but to find and follow the belief system that is true.

Yeah, I hope she is doing alright.

Latest posts

Back