True or False??

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ztyu123

Reaction score
I heard on tv a few people discuss why they stayed with their cheating mate for the usual reasons. Fear of loneliness, insecurities, self esteem issues, not thinking that they can do any better, history, comfortability, keeping up appearances, not wanting to tell and be judged by family and friends etc.
One person said that she believes all people will cheat eventually, because it's unrealistic to think that relationships, and people will stay the same forever. People grow apart, life changes for each person individually, the attraction and intimacy may be lost or losses its zest with age and/or time. Connection is lost sometimes, you lose the ability to relate to one another..in other words life just happens and its unpredictable. Feelings change. People change. Life paths changes.
One told that she doesn't believe monogamy is "natural " and biologically embedded in us. We aren't monogamous creatures. Also one person isn't capable of fulfilling all needs and spaces , or anyone's needs. Variety in all aspects of life is the spice. Connections with others need to be had for completion . We aren't meant to only have one strong connection with one person for the rest of our lives. We are met to have and experience different connections with the world and the people in it. To experience life, and to experience the world we are supposed to establish and experience all different connections with many people. People who help us grow and become closer to ourselves. It is unrealistic to think that someone will only talk to you, and only find you interesting for the rest of their lives. Everyone will feel this way eventually.
All People will outgrow each other.

All People will seek and/or pine for other connections with other people. All people will experience this, whether you think that you wont or in denial about it...another said. There is no "the one" or one person

I think that it's all true.

What do you think?

This rhetoric is being bashed about an awful lot, recently by the media. Seems like the city high flyers are trying to excuse their own infidelity.

Call me old fashioned, but I absolutely do not believe in cheating. It is utterly disrespectful, demeaning to those unknowingly involved. It is a callous selfish act of a untrustworthy person.

Plenty of couples manage fidelity without compromising on fulfilment. Honesty being the key to success. Which you will never have with a cheater.

The duration of relationships does appear to be reducing. More people are quitting as it is easier to start again, than be honest. Plus, we live in a disposable society, which sadly includes people, integrity and honesty.

Never cheat, never take back a cheater, and never make excuses for one. By doing the latter, you have diminished your footing within the relationship, you are no longer an equal, and the power you may feel you have earned through their guilt and sorrow, is a temporary illusion.

Remain faithful, honest, and true to your own self worth. If you cannot, do not lower others to your worthless ways.

Numerous media outlets keep pushing the life coaches, relationship experts, and unfaithful sex pests who are currently full of remorse having been recently caught. It infuriates me to the core. Whatever your background, religion, culture, or place on earth. The fundamental principles are that you treat others as you yourself expect to be treated. Stop making excuses, and excusing those who do it.

Since the debate also mentioned monogamy. Whilst I am entirely monogamous, I have no issue to those such as Mormons, who practise polygamy as part of their faith. To my mind, it seems feasible to have love for more than one person, providing that this is a shared knowledge amongst consenting adults.

My belief about love, is it is such a rare a beautiful thing, you should never tamper with it. Nourish it, and it will grow.

Last edited:
Individuals cannot experience an experience that is outside of themselves.
Accordingly, one individuals perception will clash with another individuals perception.

If you were to ask two individuals separately to describe their day to day life in as much detail as possible either directly or metaphorically in relation to objective reality and subjective reality differentials, no two individuals will ever respond with the exact same account of experience.
Thereafter and as such, every other aspect of life also falls in life.

So the way one individual experiences love is not going to be the same way another individual experiences love.
Regardless of rather they love each other or not.

This is fundamentally part of what makes us all unique.
Feelings can be shared, but the experience of those feelings will be unique to each person.
This conundrum of perception and perceptual differences is a large part of the problems in the world.
Hell, it even leads to wars sometimes.

Deconstruction of the "traditional family" unit has been an ongoing theme for the last 30 years at least. I don't know what the social scientists, who opinions are only relayed by journalists, endgame or point actually is, but you can bet that whenever a positive representation of a loving father, a loving mother, happy children, fidelity, trust and a schlew of traditional values are talked about, they'll be criticized as not working. I still don't quite get why.
Fidelity is an individual trait, nurtured through one's life, reinforced through positive behaviors or ideas by the group. Over the course of one's life, if one is constantly exposed to "being faithful is bad and will never work", odds are that is exactly what you'll get someone to be. Maybe its to go deeper on the "men are unfaithful" trope, I dont know. But this deconstructivism is really annoying to me.

in my opinion

it depends on what you want

and on whether or not one has a personality disorder

Latest posts

Back