Truth is as rare as dimonds on a beach! Hello

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Normski

Reaction score
Hello; and now, I have no freinds. And I walk a lonely road through life. I had a stroke, and much more about 3 months ago, so I find it very hard to now spell/talk and communicate with others. everything that was important in this world to me has now gone.

Thank you! its early here in Europe, still half asleep. :sleep: I have the Bruce Willis condtion, Aphasia. memory is all over the place, spelling is also mostly shot to bits, and speaking is often quite hard at times. My mind is mostly intacked but expressing or coms, are screwed between my mind and my external body.
Makes it worse as I used to be a social scientist reseacher and Psychologist, a long time ago for many years ago..

Last edited:
Welcome to the forums. I am glad you decided to join us. :)

Hello; and now, I have no freinds. And I walk a lonely road through life. I had a stroke, and much more about 3 months ago, so I find it very hard to now spell/talk and communicate with others. everything that was important in this world to me has now gone.
This must be very hard for you...

Thank you! its early here in Europe, still half asleep. :sleep: I have the Bruce Willis condtion, Aphasia. memory is all over the place, spelling is also mostly shot to bits, and speaking is often quite hard at times. My mind is mostly intacked but expressing or coms, are screwed between my mind and my external body.
Makes it worse as I used to be a social scientist reseacher and Psychologist, a long time ago for many years ago..
Do you feel like it would be possible to rebuild these skills? I remember an ex NFL player talking about head injuries causing him to have to learn how to reread. I'm sure it'll never be the same but maybe can find some way back to what you were good at. My mom had a stroke and kinda gave up but I remember reading about blue light therapy maybe helping. I feel like what you wrote makes me feel like you are still very on top of things maybe not compared to how you once were but to most.

Thanks for the input, I am trying the very best I can, using every thing I have learned over the years. But as we know, logic and emotions are very different animals.

Very sorry to hear Normski. There are many kinds of loss to experience in this big beautiful world...

I personally believe I may have suffered some kind of very small stroke at some point. I can't say certain consonant combinations with my inner-voice, without great difficulty. words like, "caged," "changed." The, '-ged,' sound is something my mind just, 'can't do,' with it's inner speech, at least not without going very slow and exerting great mental effort. Fortunately I can say those words outloud with my speaking voice, still.

I've told family and friends about it, and they just think I'm nuts. I've been a heavy smoker for a while though.

Not that you wanted to know any of all that; but, if I'm not wrong in my theory about my queer malady, then, yeah, it's really weird/difficult/frustrating when some ability just goes, 'missing,' like a blank... (and probably quite devastating in severe cases...)

I hope you can, are able to, and will, continue to practice regaining function; as well as rely on what is still intact...

You might try learning morse code, sign language, etc..

I know I'm being overly optimistic and probably quite ignorant to something very devastating; but, I hope you continue to put that brain to use!

Good luck..!

Last edited:
Thanks for the input, I am trying the very best I can, using every thing I have learned over the years. But as we know, logic and emotions are very different animals.

I want to recommend this movie Still Alice to you. It's not about strokes but I think you'd find it relatable. Not a perfect film but quite good.

Agreed, Had no jabs. little bit of an expert on that point, but for another topic. Most of my reason are down to losing my wife two years ago now, after 42 years; stress, now having crap eating habbits, moved house, and lost my 73kg Russian moutain do, or big dog as we called him, through cancer and age, it took him down, me to! Thats when is all stated for me. honestly it all destroyed me!

I want to recommend this movie Still Alice to you. It's not about strokes but I think you'd find it relatable. Not a perfect film but quite good.
Name of the film ?
Do you feel like it would be possible to rebuild these skills? I remember an ex NFL player talking about head injuries causing him to have to learn how to reread. I'm sure it'll never be the same but maybe can find some way back to what you were good at. My mom had a stroke and kinda gave up but I remember reading about blue light therapy maybe helping. I feel like what you wrote makes me feel like you are still very on top of things maybe not compared to how you once were but to most.
As they say, never say never, but brain problems can be big broblems, a millimeter one way or another can be life or death., speak or no speach. I studied the mind and brain many years ago, even have 2 or 3 books I had an input to. Entangled mnds Umm now look at me, all still there, but now hard to communincate

Last edited:
Name of the film ?

As they say, never say never, but brain problems can be big broblems, a millimeter one way or another can be life or death., speak or no speach. I studied the mind and brain many years ago, even have 2 or 3 books I had an input to. Entangled mnds Umm now look at me, all still there, but now hard to communincate
The movie is Still Alice.

Yea I'm definitely not as studied as you are. I've merely heard people talk about mental plasticity on podcasts and things. Even something like trying to learn piano without any additional struggles can be frustrating. Trying to get your fingers to do what your brain wants.

I will look it up, thanks! AHHA in many ways, so called education is over rated. Science has turned into being a fraud now! Can't trust the history books. thats being re written . Fact is, so called civilization is going down.

Welcome to the forum. My grandfather had many strokes of varying degrees. I'm basically him. So, more then likely I will get them. But, I eat healthy and exercise so hopefully I'm good for a couple more decades.

Latest posts

Back