Trying to start a relationship but have no hope it will ever happen

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

6079-W.S.

Reaction score
I have not been in a relationship for quite a long time. Everything time I feel like I want try and form some sort of a relationship with a woman, things happen that make me feel that it will never be possible for the rest of my life. I then talk myself out of approaching women in that way and shut myself down. The very few times I have thought I may be the beginnings of a relationship are starting to blossom, it does not lead to anything or I have been under a misapprehension.
I have never had any confidence or self-esteem and whenever I start to feel OK about things, reality has a habit of reminding my why I should not have any.
There is always a shread of me that wants to share a bond with someone, but I always suppress and dismiss it as fanciful. I then never try to pursue it as I feel it will never happen so there is no point.
I have never posted on a forum before so I do not know what to expect.
Does anyone have any kind of advice so that I can begin to change my life?

Welcome to the forum! Finding a mate can be very difficult and seemingly impossible. But, do your best not to give up until you have tried every avenue available. I suggest trying to find ways to help build up your confidence. It is going to take a lot of work. If you are willing to go out of your comfort zone search out what others that succeed do and do that.

6079-W.S. said:
I have not been in a relationship for quite a long time. Everything time I feel like I want try and form some sort of a relationship with a woman, things happen that make me feel that it will never be possible for the rest of my life. I then talk myself out of approaching women in that way and shut myself down. The very few times I have thought I may be the beginnings of a relationship are starting to blossom, it does not lead to anything or I have been under a misapprehension.
I have never had any confidence or self-esteem and whenever I start to feel OK about things, reality has a habit of reminding my why I should not have any.
There is always a shread of me that wants to share a bond with someone, but I always suppress and dismiss it as fanciful. I then never try to pursue it as I feel it will never happen so there is no point.
I have never posted on a forum before so I do not know what to expect.
Does anyone have any kind of advice so that I can begin to change my life?

Welcome to the forum.
You don't need a relationship to start feeling good about yourself, it has nothing to do with others and everything to do with you. Look at yourself and be objective, without being too harsh on yourself or fronting, and start by correcting the things you feel can be corrected ( most often it's on the inside, like character and habits ) and noting the things you can't do anything about.
Also, there are plenty of self-help books and online material. Don't be a passive observer of your life, take action for your benefit in the long run.
Once you've sorted yourself out, you'll see, women will start paying attention and see the good work you've done on yourself because it'll shine around you like the sun. Same attracts same. 
Good luck.

Latest posts

Back