Under the Lord

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Martial Arts and self defense classes isn't really about violence. I mean, obviously you learn how to defend yourself, but it's way more than that. It also teaches you discipline, confidence, self control and focus.
thats interesting I never thought about it that way. Guess i wish i could just get away from themmm

If you are truly in danger, have you thought about moving?
Is that why you had spoken about coming to the US?
People are rarely motivated enough to follow someone, so leaving may be your answer.

I was not in danger, but when I moved to California decades ago, it was like I dropped off the earth.
I started a completely new life. Well, I did all the same things I did n NY, but no one there knew me.

If you are truly in danger, have you thought about moving?
Is that why you had spoken about coming to the US?
People are rarely motivated enough to follow someone, so leaving may be your answer.

I was not in danger, but when I moved to California decades ago, it was like I dropped off the earth.
I started a completely new life. Well, I did all the same things I did n NY, but no one there knew me.
Yeah I am deffo moving to the US, just working it all out right now 😇✨

I think a fresh start with the Americans may be better. I used to go to parties at 4am out there and never ever felt like I do here. I just feel in constant danger here 🙃

Happy you found Him 😊 I fear my relationship with the Lord is a little strained.. my faith tested and wavering. But I know the comfort it brings too. I know faith and religion aren't for everyone, and that's ok.. I'll love you all the same. Personally, I've tried to live by the prayer of St. Francis of Assisi. Whether you care about saints or not, whether you're Christian, Jewish or Muslim, it's a good way to live.

On another note, yay for the States! Lol. 11 years in now and I'm still adjusting. I can't say it's better or worse.. It's just different. Each place has its troubles and nowhere is perfect.

Happy you found Him 😊 I fear my relationship with the Lord is a little strained.. my faith tested and wavering. But I know the comfort it brings too. I know faith and religion aren't for everyone, and that's ok.. I'll love you all the same. Personally, I've tried to live by the prayer of St. Francis of Assisi. Whether you care about saints or not, whether you're Christian, Jewish or Muslim, it's a good way to live.

On another note, yay for the States! Lol. 11 years in now and I'm still adjusting. I can't say it's better or worse.. It's just different. Each place has its troubles and nowhere is perfect.
Awh I can totally understand that, genuinely feel like my faith fluctuates, its hard to have strong faith all of the time.

Yeah I miss the states in someways 😇✨ cant believe you’ve been out there for 11 years!! 😱😱✨

Im stressed out, I believe I have manifested things in my life, is believing that going against the bible as I truly can attest I have wanted something, and manifested it, I always thought it was god allowing my stars to align, but after that bible lesson… I feel so… idk

I don't have to know your specific harm from past men or relationships CenotaphGirl to understand somewhat the feelings you harbor. It's a common occurence among many and I've heard enough stories to recognize the abundant hurt being dispensed from all sides against others - and that really does include women against men as well as men against women. But not all guys are dogs and not all girls are bitches. Even in this messed up society and culture there remains a large number, and perhaps even majority, of people that are generally kind and respectful to others. Unfortunately, we're often impacted more by the few negative experiences or people in our lives than the larger world of positive ones.

It's hard to ignore or let go of the bad and focus on the good, but Paul teaches us to do this in Philippians 4:8 - good advice for everyone, believers or not. You should know it well by now and take it to heart:

"Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."

Virtually all of my Christian and Catholic friends are quiet and passive with their faith just as I was for most of my life. As long as they restrain their views in public and hang out with similar minded people, they face little conflict over their beliefs. That's what society wants. As I've grown older and stronger with my own faith though, I've become bold in expressing Biblical views and trying to influence others towards its truth. No doubt, my outspokenness has invited attacks against me since the current secular culture now deems the Biblical world view as unacceptably hateful, bigoted, and ignorant. Thus, speaking godly truth today publicly is bound to reep backlash.

With Christians being murdered, beaten, burned out, and imprisoned for their faith each day around the world, I consider verbal assaults against me to be very minor, tolerable persecution. Yes, hatred is prevalent these days towards many people for many reasons. But how fortunate we are to be hated for something that is good and right - a cause that will ultimately see us rewarded in the future for our beliefs and actions.

I encourage you CenotaphGirl to be bold with your faith, and in time, you'll gain other Christian friends or church family members that counter the hate with love. And as you change your social environment, I think you'll also find a substantial population of men that will treat you respectfully, kindly, and right. In a (good) church particularly, you should and will grow stronger, feel safe and supported, and slowly replace your past bad relational experiences with new good, healthy ones. Seriously, character comes from the heart, not by gender. If you pursue relationships with godly people, you'll find love and acceptance coming from both men and women.

God bless you for being on the right track.

I don't have to know your specific harm from past men or relationships CenotaphGirl to understand somewhat the feelings you harbor. It's a common occurence among many and I've heard enough stories to recognize the abundant hurt being dispensed from all sides against others - and that really does include women against men as well as men against women. But not all guys are dogs and not all girls are bitches. Even in this messed up society and culture there remains a large number, and perhaps even majority, of people that are generally kind and respectful to others. Unfortunately, we're often impacted more by the few negative experiences or people in our lives than the larger world of positive ones.

It's hard to ignore or let go of the bad and focus on the good, but Paul teaches us to do this in Philippians 4:8 - good advice for everyone, believers or not. You should know it well by now and take it to heart:

"Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."

Virtually all of my Christian and Catholic friends are quiet and passive with their faith just as I was for most of my life. As long as they restrain their views in public and hang out with similar minded people, they face little conflict over their beliefs. That's what society wants. As I've grown older and stronger with my own faith though, I've become bold in expressing Biblical views and trying to influence others towards its truth. No doubt, my outspokenness has invited attacks against me since the current secular culture now deems the Biblical world view as unacceptably hateful, bigoted, and ignorant. Thus, speaking godly truth today publicly is bound to reep backlash.

With Christians being murdered, beaten, burned out, and imprisoned for their faith each day around the world, I consider verbal assaults against me to be very minor, tolerable persecution. Yes, hatred is prevalent these days towards many people for many reasons. But how fortunate we are to be hated for something that is good and right - a cause that will ultimately see us rewarded in the future for our beliefs and actions.

I encourage you CenotaphGirl to be bold with your faith, and in time, you'll gain other Christian friends or church family members that counter the hate with love. And as you change your social environment, I think you'll also find a substantial population of men that will treat you respectfully, kindly, and right. In a (good) church particularly, you should and will grow stronger, feel safe and supported, and slowly replace your past bad relational experiences with new good, healthy ones. Seriously, character comes from the heart, not by gender. If you pursue relationships with godly people, you'll find love and acceptance coming from both men and women.

God bless you for being on the right track.
Thank you im so happy to read something so positive today, its been a hard time for me lately and I truly appreciate this

Latest posts

Back