Unease

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Murakami_1

Reaction score
This is kind of a post for advice I suppose.... maybe just me rambling though , dont really know at this point

Often I feel uneasy? Uncomfortable? Like it's not a panic attack, or anything. Its not something that's triggered. I just feel very melancholic (?) for some reason. Dont even know how to explain.

I'm not sad or whatever and dont feel depressed, just strange. Like I dont belong. Maybe not in my body, maybe not in this world. I just dont belong. Often I just feel like a stone, as strange as this might seem.

I probably am just numb.

I should seek help.

I believe it's called Dissociation. It's not as uncommon as you think. Many people feel that at some point in their lives.
I once read it was associated with a romantic mind, the feeling of not being born at the right time, for what it's worth. There are some things you can do to manage those feelings, if you read up about it.

If you have to ask if you should seek help then you probably should, but help seems like the wrong word. You need assistance in understanding why you feel the way you do because you've already identified it.

If you have to ask if you should seek help then you probably should, but help seems like the wrong word. You need assistance in understanding why you feel the way you do because you've already identified it.
Yeah you can only truly help yourself.

I believe it's called Dissociation. It's not as uncommon as you think. Many people feel that at some point in their lives.
I once read it was associated with a romantic mind, the feeling of not being born at the right time, for what it's worth. There are some things you can do to manage those feelings, if you read up about it.
Yeah thank you, I've heard about it.

Usually one some one says, 'seek help,' it's in a sarcastic and biting sort of way. I don't think it's necessary to talk to yourself that way. I've known myself to not talk very nicely to myself. I still do it, though.

Quite possibly a pretty common feeling. This phrase came to mind, turns out it's the title of a book. heh.

I feel uneasy, uncomfortable, and like I don't belong in this world either.

But for me the reason is clear, it's because I'm not strong at/good at anything.

It's probably not quite the same thing you're dealing with.

But for me the reason is clear, it's because I'm not strong at/good at anything.

That can't be true. Even mediocre people are relatively good at a series of things (that's why they fit in so well with the rest of the people), and I take it you're not one of such people. Merely by having a different perspective on life and stuff than other people you're already exceptional. This type of ability is quite useful in philosophical activity, for instance. Maybe it's just that you haven't realized you have some talents, not that you have none.

That can't be true. Even mediocre people are relatively good at a series of things (that's why they fit in so well with the rest of the people), and I take it you're not one of such people. Merely by having a different perspective on life and stuff than other people you're already exceptional. This type of ability is quite useful in philosophical activity, for instance. Maybe it's just that you haven't realized you have some talents, not that you have none.

Thanks, I can only hope so, especially that last sentence.
I feel like it has been the center of my problems all this time and realizing it has been crushing at times.
It was the main reason why I never fit in growing up, wasn't "cool" or popular, which later turned into the adult versions of those problems, by struggling with money and attraction.
Oh well, I don't want to jack Murakami's thread, but thanks for the kind words anyway.

Thanks, I can only hope so, especially that last sentence.
I feel like it has been the center of my problems all this time and realizing it has been crushing at times.
It was the main reason why I never fit in growing up, wasn't "cool" or popular, which later turned into the adult versions of those problems, by struggling with money and attraction.
Oh well, I don't want to jack Murakami's thread, but thanks for the kind words anyway.
Don't worry, you deserve all the praise :)

It sounds like you should talk to a professional about this,they can help you with this.
Probably....

Latest posts

Back