Vacations

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Murakami_1

Reaction score
I dislike going on vacations with my family, this summer will be the last one. It gets soooo tense and stressful and arguments always arise.

I feel so alone with my family. Only thing to combat it is to get away from them, but then I am not acting proper.

Anyways I realised I cant go on vacations anymore with them, my mum takes all the oxygen in a room.

I'm growing and being my own person but it isnt encouraged in my household.

How are vacations for you guys?

sorry to hear that Murakami. i've vacationed alone a lot, and with family, as a kid and as a father. mixed bag of feelings. my recent family holidays have been nice though because we all did some growing in many ways and learned how to get along. wasn't always easy though. i was probably the main problem as a father years ago, but made amends and improved. as a kid, some good times and some bad times because my dad was volatile.

Yeah it sucks :( for you as a kid too, but it's a good thing we can grow and learn from everything.

From now on only good vacations right :p

I don't actually know.
I'm 35, and I've never taken a proper vacation in my life.
Closest to a vacation I've ever taken was 3 weeks off to pursue/help a friend with his own business career of which I did indeed get paid for.
I'm actually, going to take a break for a few weeks to a month, sometime quite soon.
So that I can refocus myself and rebuild myself.
I've invested in the ability to be able to do so, and I plan to follow through.
I plan to focus on my diet and fitness routines again.
Revamp and overhaul my resume since it's been some years.
Drop in some applications as the groceries I've bought into gradually go down.
Look around at local businesses as well as go down to the state employment facility and look into something city/county/state job-wise.
And honestly?
Probably decompress some at the end of my days.
I've been at the same job for 7 years.
I put a lot of myself into it.
So yeah, the decompression is going to be needed at the end of my days.
Especially if I'm going back to my dietary and exercise routines.
Which, without having a work schedule in my way, I won't have the external factor as much sssooo, I might be able to adjust my reps and sets a bit, finish up with additional cardio at the end.

I am glad, where too?

Nowhere, actually.
I'm taking the time to relax around the house.
If I need to get out, I've got a friend with an open schedule I can call up.
The idea is that it will give me the free time that I need to reorganize, restructure, and replan my daily routines so that I can gradually make work with whatever new job that I get into something that's just a part of my daily life again.
When you do Management for a long enough time, it kind of sticks in your brain, never totally leaves kind of a deal.
So I'm using this period in between jobs to decompress mentally, get myself back into physical shape, revamp and overhaul my resume, and look for something more substantial.
I'm very...punctual IRL, almost like I don't know how to relax until AFTER all of my objectives are done.
I am that way due to the years I've done in Management at different jobs.
So now that I'm out of the job again, I'm going to search for a new field entirely, wherein I likely won't be in Management at entry level.

Latest posts

Back