View browser/mobile

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I hope this is the right place - have tried to look for a solution, but that's where the problem is - how can I change the view into the mobile view or adapt the browser view? I only can see a little part of the site and it's very exhausting.

You mean on your phone? If you're using Chrome, you can go into your browser settings (the three dots on the top right) and change to desktop view. The option is toward the bottom.

I've never had that problem on mobile unless it was zoomed in.

TheRealCallie said:
You mean on your phone?  If you're using Chrome, you can go into your browser settings (the three dots on the top right) and change to desktop view.  The option is toward the bottom. 

I've never had that problem on mobile unless it was zoomed in.

It zooms in automatically when I reply, as it is the case right now. I can never see my whole text, or the text I'm replying to. But also while only reading the view in Chrome is different.... don't like Chrome on the mobile though 😩. Now I'm trying to find the desktop view in my browser (don't even know how it's called, is there such thing as a Samsung browser 😃?

EDIT: Found it, tried it out and there is literally no difference :(.

Have you tried both the quick reply box and hitting the reply button to take you to the other screen for replying?

That's really weird. I just tried on my phone and it does automatically zoom in, but I can zoom back out. Maybe it's the browser you're using. How do you feel about Firefox or a different browser?

TheRealCallie said:
Have you tried both the quick reply box and hitting the reply button to take you to the other screen for replying? 

That's really weird.  I just tried on my phone and it does automatically zoom in, but I can zoom back out.  Maybe it's the browser you're using.  How do you feel about Firefox or a different browser?

Now I tried, and it's exactly the same - I can zoom out, but as soon as I type, it zooms back in, no matter the mode or the way to reply. So, I can't even put my finger on most functions of the forum, because at some point always a huge text box jumps in my face and I have to scroll to the sides and up and down to even know what someone (or I myself) wrote :D.

I've tried Firefox, Chrome and Opera in the past, but I really get kind of annoyed of them on the phone :(.... now that's sad. Maybe I'll buy a new keyboard and browse the forum on PC more, but still strange.

Well, maybe this site will work on your phone now since it got a major update. It looks like crap on my web browser. Before it was simple, clean, very functional, and easy to use. Now, it's very cluttered, off putting, and hard to look at. But, atleast the advertisements are always showing up now and wasting 20% of the screen. Only 40% of the screen is actually used for communicating and reading posts now. But, hey, atleast the screen is filled up with unneeded and unwanted stuff.

Well, maybe this site will work on your phone now since it got a major update. It looks like crap on my web browser. Before it was simple, clean, very functional, and easy to use. Now, it's very cluttered, off putting, and hard to look at. But, atleast the advertisements are always showing up now and wasting 20% of the screen. Only 40% of the screen is actually used for communicating and reading posts now. But, hey, atleast the screen is filled up with unneeded and unwanted stuff.
There's a post about how to turn the ads off.

Yeah, I just did that. But, what about all the other stuff? Was this website sold off or was it just completely changed?
This is probably the third or fourth time since I've been here that the website has undergone a major change. You'll get used to it. In the meantime, turn on dark mode and just get used to it. They are working on fixing some of the desktop issues.

Latest posts

Back