Voice overs

Help Support A LonelyLife forum:

Adamridge79

Mr Bakerman
Reaction score
I watch these Netflix shows that seem good, but the voice overs throw me off. I understand when it's Asian, of course a show made in that local will probably no speak English. But the European ones (?) that try to sound American sound like, well, bored Americans at a hungover breakfast. They throw me off...I still watch it, don't get me wrong, and I acclimate soon enough. It's just that first few minutes are so weird

Richard_39

Reaction score
I watch shows subtitled, no voice over, for the same reason. Lots of things are dubbed in my province, but...Jackie Chan, Arnold Sausageweiner and Sly Stallone are all the same voice in French lol. Disconcerting...

orangecat

perpetual grump
Reaction score
I watch these Netflix shows that seem good, but the voice overs throw me off. I understand when it's Asian, of course a show made in that local will probably no speak English. But the European ones (?) that try to sound American sound like, well, bored Americans at a hungover breakfast. They throw me off...I still watch it, don't get me wrong, and I acclimate soon enough. It's just that first few minutes are so weird
Just out of curiosity, did you watch Squid Game?

I'm with you on voice overs though, I can't watch a Japanese, Korean or Chinese shows dubbed because the voice actors just sounds terrible compared to the original. And oftentimes the original meaning gets lost in translation so I always prefer to watch them with subtitles on.

Adamridge79

Mr Bakerman
Reaction score
I do have to admit that I too feel into the trap known as Squid Game. Was pretty good, but that one chick that was waaaay over the top annoyed the he'll out of me. I try the subtitles sometimes, but then I forget to watch the action...love being able to rewind more efficiently than the old VCR'S

Adamridge79

Mr Bakerman
Reaction score
For saying that the voice over was a bit bothersome, that was one trippy damn movie. Danish, Swedish, Norwegian, whatever. That was some off the wall shit. Glad I went through with it. If you're curious I won't leave you hanging. It was called The Trip on Netflix. Gotta be okay with a decent amount of violence and gore, maybe have a twisted sense of humor also.

Minus

Unknown member
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I watch shows subtitled, no voice over, for the same reason. Lots of things are dubbed in my province, but...Jackie Chan, Arnold Sausageweiner and Sly Stallone are all the same voice in French lol. Disconcerting...
Oh great, Arnold and Sly in French....

minusm_906c16a.gif

Adamridge79

Mr Bakerman
Reaction score
>sigh< against all better judgment, I started another Korean based series that's dubbed semi okay. And again, the story is more compelling than the mild off puttingness of lips working differently from the the words I hear. On the plus side, at least they caption the banners and billboards and such(insert shrug emoji I don't have here)

Adamridge79

Mr Bakerman
Reaction score
This fits in the most obscure but theoretically acceptable way...Pink can't do White Rabbit...her voice isn't smoky or aged enough.

Latest posts