Waking up crying

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Loneligyrl

Reaction score
Hey, I’m new here. Just a British girl hoping for some respite.
I’m 23, live alone, not much family- not any that are really worth seeing.
I’m pretty different, or I think of myself as so, I’m autistic, adhd, overly emotional in such complex ways. I feel so different. I feel as though I can’t connect to anything. I wake up crying most days as I’m already dreading the day ahead, and I guess I’m weird so I avoid being around others, I know they think I’m weird. Not that people dislike me but I always feel like the bit of the joke if that makes sense. Nothing makes me happy and it only seems to get worse. I’m told a lot that I don’t ‘look autistic’ or ‘look unwell’ which is something that really hurts me. I’m not sure how someone can look stereotypically autistic, I think it’s just a less rude way of saying I don’t look disabled. As soon as I open my mouth though I get asked if I take drugs, I say odd things I guess and I don’t stop talking. Like ever. It hurts when people think that my behaviour is that odd that I must be on drugs. I’ve never met anyone that I feel I can truly relate to and all my friendships and relationships are fleeting. I just want to stop feeling like I’m living in a locked glass box unable to connect to anything, but watching the world go by.
I am so lonely to my core, and desperate for a true friend. I think a lot of people enjoy my company, but friendship doesn’t come easy to me like I’m not sure how to act. The only thing that gives me a sense of belonging are my dogs and cat, I’m not sure where I’d be without them. I don’t drive and have no friends where I live, so it’s just me and the animals, they help so much but it just isn’t enough sometimes😔
Thanks for reading, I hope someone responds.

Welcome to the forum. :)

Look around make yourself at home.

Hi! I'm so glad you joined us. You caught my attention as soon as you mentioned your dog and cat for companionship. I seem to gravitate towards pet lovers so welcome!

I’m pretty different, or I think of myself as so, I’m autistic, adhd, overly emotional in such complex ways. I feel so different. I feel as though I can’t connect to anything. I wake up crying most days as I’m already dreading the day ahead, and I guess I’m weird so I avoid being around others, I know they think I’m weird. Not that people dislike me but I always feel like the bit of the joke if that makes sense. Nothing makes me happy and it only seems to get worse. I’m told a lot that I don’t ‘look autistic’ or ‘look unwell’ which is something that really hurts me. I’m not sure how someone can look stereotypically autistic, I think it’s just a less rude way of saying I don’t look disabled. As soon as I open my mouth though I get asked if I take drugs, I say odd things I guess and I don’t stop talking. Like ever. It hurts when people think that my behaviour is that odd that I must be on drugs. I’ve never met anyone that I feel I can truly relate to and all my friendships and relationships are fleeting. I just want to stop feeling like I’m living in a locked glass box unable to connect to anything, but watching the world go by.
I am so lonely to my core, and desperate for a true friend. I think a lot of people enjoy my company, but friendship doesn’t come easy to me like I’m not sure how to act. The only thing that gives me a sense of belonging are my dogs and cat, I’m not sure where I’d be without them. I don’t drive and have no friends where I live, so it’s just me and the animals, they help so much but it just isn’t enough sometimes😔
Very warm welcome to you in this forum! This is very important that you feel comfortable opening up with your feelings and be true to yourself...to be honest I am not autistic but let me tell you something people think that I am weird as well, they will always have a judgment on anyone or anything, I have decided in the last couple of years to isolate myself and leave everything because of many downs that happened to me and especially because of people mentality around me that makes me sick, I came up to the conclusion that the more you are honest and true to yourself, the less you have friends or family members around you - because unfortunately everything is becoming fake nowadays even relationships.
We are all here happy to discuss, talk and support each other's in these matters...and trust me being true to yourself and not faking it to please others will make you special in this life without the need of anyone's recognition.
Try not to feel depressed, you are still young and be sure there is always somebody you don't even know who can relate to you more than anyone you knew in your previous life - the world is big and thanks to many 'humans' it still has a sort of kindness.
Be brave, love yourself - I hope you feel better by the time you read my message! Take care :)

Hi @Loneligyrl
I'm pretty lonely too.
Different, but same.
I love dogs.
What kind of dogs do you have?
I like cats too, just not the same as dogs. Dogs are my favortite.

I’m sorry you’re lonely, I wouldn’t wish it on anyone.
I feel the same, all animals are amazing and I love my cat but dogs speak to me on another level, they’re definitely my favourite.
I have a German spitz klein (16/17 year old rescue)
A staffy cross (5 year old rescue)
And a Labrador x German shepherd (1 years old, I got him from a pup as a present to the staffy lol)
Do you have any dogs?

It sounds like you are dealing with a lot of things right now. I'm really glad you have your animals. I don't know what I would do without my Jaxx. Welcome to the forum.

I feel you. I am friendly with everyone but im not trully friends with anyone. Its as though there is an invisible wall between me and people. How are you doing now?
That’s exactly how it feels, so close yet so far. I’m sorry you share this disconnection, it’s very difficult.
It’s an ongoing battle. How are you?

I am fine. Like you said, it really is an ongoing battle. Sometimes it feels like we take a step forward just to take two steps back.

Latest posts

Back