Want to do things out of the house but I can’t drive

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eternitydreamer

Reaction score
I’m interested in attending groups but I can’t drive and buses confuse me. They also don’t fit well for timing of events. I also don’t mix with others well and have learning issues. I am just sick of staying home. My mum drives me everywhere. I am interested in doing board games and all sorts of things but feel so stuck

Do you have taxis or Uber where you are? If you're a member of a church or are over a certain age, there might be people who will come get you. There may even be help if you have diagnosed disabilities, but those usually require paperwork and finding the right place.
How far do you want to go? I assume a bike or scooter would not be an option?

Do you have taxis or Uber where you are? If you're a member of a church or are over a certain age, there might be people who will come get you. There may even be help if you have diagnosed disabilities, but those usually require paperwork and finding the right place.
How far do you want to go? I assume a bike or scooter would not be an option?
taxis cost too much for me. I do have a bike but it is inaccessible for me to use as family car is in front of where it’s stored and also it’s unsafe when I’ve tried to ride it.. doesn’t feel very secure. If I got another one I couldn’t store it anywhere.

I’m interested in attending groups but I can’t drive and buses confuse me. They also don’t fit well for timing of events. I also don’t mix with others well and have learning issues. I am just sick of staying home. My mum drives me everywhere. I am interested in doing board games and all sorts of things but feel so stuck
Forget about doing things through the church, some of them are mentally ill with a lot of problems and go there for somewhere to go rather than because they are believers and religious and nice. But unless you are lucky most are very old.

I am in a similar situation to you. Cannot drive. Disabled physically. Cannot use buses. Sick of staying at home but don't want to go out to do just anything when in many cases would be better off reading a good book or watching a film otherwise. If you live in the UK you might find a U3A group near you where they have a board game group or you could set it up yourself. Sometimes you have to contribute to something or set it up yourself, rather than just wait for others to do it all. You can do this in your home or hire a hall for it, I've done that type of thing lots of times.

Latest posts

Back