wanting to be alone forever

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 188685

sunflower lover
Reaction score
I love my time alone and all that,but lately I have just wanted to be alone forever and not meet anyone,I'm sure a lot of people have had a lot of broken hearts on here just like myself,but do you think there is something wrong with thinking this?No one would want to be with me anyway,I'm so ugly and what would someone see in me?Everyone thinks I'm just stupid because I look stupid.

You are neither ugly or stupid wee Sunflower, Not everyone you meet will judge you based on conventional beauty standards. Plenty of people won’t consider your physical appearance at all. They may care far more about other, nonphysical traits
Since you've been here you have been your true self and shown your genuine personality that requires a level of strength that very few have. It shows that you respect who you are and stand up for what you believe in. People are always attracted towards people like you as people like you form real relationships because you are real.

I love my time alone and all that
I'm glad you like your time alone. I do too.
,but lately I have just wanted to be alone forever and not meet anyone,
Me too. It makes me sad to hear others say this. But, it's how I am.
I'm sure a lot of people have had a lot of broken hearts on here just like myself,but do you think there is something wrong with thinking this?
I would like to see everybody be happy and be in healthy relationships. Two people working together can achieve WAY more then two single people. But, as far as I can tell from my own experiences finding this is extremely rare and beyond my capabilities. So, no I don't think there is anything wrong with thinking this.
No one would want to be with me anyway,I'm so ugly and what would someone see in me?Everyone thinks I'm just stupid because I look stupid.
Never say no one. It may be EXTREMELY difficult to find the right person or people. But, I believe they are out there for everybody. AND, it requires a lot of effort to find them, attract them, date them, etc, etc, etc.

I do NOT think you are stupid. I like you and I enjoy seeing your contributions on this forum. Just seeing that you are online makes me smile. :)

I refer to what you might call beauty as a magazine face. Beautiful by many standards. That's why they got the job. But I don't go that way. There are faces that have real character, character you don't see on the covers of magazines.

The faces I'm attracted to would never be on a magazine cover. In fact, I don't go for any of the cliche beauty expectations. My preference has fewer curves and bumps than what might be the average "hottie".

Just sayin' not everyone subscribes to the norms. Don't put yourselves down. You only need one person to accept you as you are.

No one really wants to be alone. Sure, there are phases where you're wrecked by issues, self esteem and what not. But eventually those go away.
Hang in there, kid.

At this point in my life, I prefer being by myself, too. A lot of people associate being alone with feeling lonely, and that may be where a lot of negative perceptions come into play. I want to be by myself. I don't want to bother with anyone. And I don't think there's anything wrong with that.

Honestly, Its hard to trust again when people destroy it for you 🥺 I hope you do find away to find someone who can uplift you ✨

So this I do understand completely. I’ve always been happier being alone that’s not saying that I have never enjoyed being in relationships but being alone is just more peaceful for me. I can do what I want when I want without having to answer or explain or discuss every action and reaction. Then there’s the issue of feelings and emotions and expectations and etc etc. Being without a partner is just more simple. I prefer simple.
Another thing is that you should never see yourself as ugly or stupid. Seriously, how can you expect someone to see something in you that you can’t see in yourself. I’m far from attractive or intelligent but there is so much more to a person than those 2 things. Alone or not you have to have confidence in yourself.

Latest posts

Back