Water

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rohini

Reaction score
I don't know what my problem is, but no matter what, I can never seem to drink enough water.. sometimes I am really good about it, other times I fall flat... I usually force myself to drink water before coffee in the mornings, but even that.. I am usually just like "Meh, I'd rather have my coffee"

Anyone else suck at not drinking enough water? :unsure:

I don't know what my problem is, but no matter what, I can never seem to drink enough water.. sometimes I am really good about it, other times I fall flat... I usually force myself to drink water before coffee in the mornings, but even that.. I am usually just like "Meh, I'd rather have my coffee"

Yes,definitely,then again who drinks enough water right?

I drink big cups of rooibos tea all day without anything added and sometimes herbal teas also. I suppose they are essentially just water. It can be hard though to monitor your intake, I have no clue if I drink enough to be honest.

Tea is good, I do drink tea... but I have to force myself to do it sometimes. I generally dislike hot drinks, lol. Chamomile is my favorite though :)
Chamomile is one of my favorites also especially if you can get a really good quaility one. Perfect before bed time:)

Camomile is related to ragweed. Be sure you aren't allergic.

Coffee will still hydrate you. Decaf with less caffeen won't be as prone to make you pee. More hydration.

Gatorade for hydration if you don't mind the sugar. Pedialyte if you don't want the sugar. They both have electrolytes which improve hydration.

After a workout, athletes will often drink chocolate milk to hydrate. The claim is milk hydrates better than plain water. Sugar replaces energy.

Alcohol is a negative for hydration, so if it's Irish Coffee you are drinking, might best leave out the Irish. ;)

Last edited:

I've tried to make it a habit to drink water. I have this water bottle that has measurements on the side so I can see how much I drink. I try to drink 2 full bottles a day.

One trick I try to do, is drink a cup of water at the start of the day, to wake me up as I wait for the coffee machine. Then, I try to drink water before every meal, because I heard that it helps you feel full.

Also I try to drink at least one cup of water, for every cup of coffee I drink.

So I try lots of little tips and tricks to make sure I take in enough water every day. I think it helps to have little guidelines like that, or to try to make a game of it somehow.

Camomile is related to ragweed. Be sure you aren't allergic.

Coffee will still hydrate you. Decaf with less caffeen won't be as prone to make you pee. More hydration.

Gatorade for hydration if you don't mind the sugar. Pedialyte if you don't want the sugar. They both have electrolytes which improve hydration.

After a workout, athletes will often drink chocolate milk to hydrate. The claim is milk hydrates better than plain water. Sugar replaces energy.

Alcohol is a negative for hydration, so if it's Irish Coffe you are drinking might best leave out the Irish. ;)
Naw not allergic to Chamomile. It's the only tea I really do enjoy.. It relaxes me as I am pretty high-energy "on-go" type of person. I need to relax sometimes. I never drink decaf, I can't drink a coffee w/o that "kick" to it..

I don't drink alcohol. Only vice I have is coffee (some think of it as a vice, not me personally just saying) but I don't even drink much of it, at that.

I do like gatorade!... I fancy a nice glass of organic cranberry juice daily - ya'know gotta keep those kidney beans in good shape 🤫

I do like water with some lemon in it, and preferably ice cold... I just need to be better about drinking more. May sound dumb, but I was hoping others could relate, lol. :/

also, besides water do you mainly drink?

One trick I try to do, is drink a cup of water at the start of the day, to wake me up as I wait for the coffee machine
I'm with you on this, I was good about doing that for awhile... then I fell off... lol
You have inspired me to keep at it! 😬

I only drink water period. I like it. I can easily drink an entire glass of water like it's nothing. I probably drink too much water during times I'm not sweating. Often times my pea is crystal clear. I get into a habbit of getting a drink whenever I'm walking by the kitchen. I have to think, am I really thirsty or not? Many times I'm not. But, then I think I should drink lots of water, right? Then I think it could be a problem. Then I think, awww honeysuckle, just have a drink of water and stop thinking so much about it. Ha! ha!

I only drink water period. I like it. I can easily drink an entire glass of water like it's nothing. I probably drink too much water during times I'm not sweating. Often times my pea is crystal clear. I get into a habbit of getting a drink whenever I'm walking by the kitchen. I have to think, am I really thirsty or not? Many times I'm not. But, then I think I should drink lots of water, right? Then I think it could be a problem. Then I think, awww honeysuckle, just have a drink of water and stop thinking so much about it. Ha! ha!
I need to be more like you, Finny :koala:

I'm considering switching to tea for that exact reason. Except: I don't know anything about tea, and there's way more varieties of tea than coffee it seems and IDK where to start. 🤷‍♂️

You know, I can't read water anymore without conjuring up this scene from Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom 😆

I love water. Although, I’m not going to drink it unless it’s been run through the filter. I have a liter Brita water bottle that I fill several times a day. The only time I don’t drink water is with my supper and then it’s sweet iced tea. Hot tea only when I’m sick and I always put honey in it. My son used to fall short on his water intake so I keep a case of bottled water beside his desk. That has helped him.

Latest posts

Back