Water

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm considering switching to tea for that exact reason. Except: I don't know anything about tea, and there's way more varieties of tea than coffee it seems and IDK where to start. 🤷‍♂️
Nox - Dandelion root tea tastes the most like coffee.... it's the closest tasting tea I've had to it anyway..
Taste aside, it has excellent health benefits

Yes definitely struggle with the water intake, so much so that I used to get terrible migraines that only stopped coming when I started drinking a lot more during a health kick. I did keep up drinking quite a lot of water until life got in the way, and I haven’t quite managed to work my way back there yet unfortunately.

Yes definitely struggle with the water intake, so much so that I used to get terrible migraines that only stopped coming when I started drinking a lot more during a health kick. I did keep up drinking quite a lot of water until life got in the way, and I haven’t quite managed to work my way back there yet unfortunately.
Have you tried flavored waters, adding herbs to water, or doing the tea thing?

chugging water as we speak. (y)
Aw Kim. I used to get terrible migraines as a child. Around kindergarten - I was the only child that got them in school. I would lay down and try to sleep, usually wake up an hour later - and I would throw up. That was the only way the migraine dissipated. As I got older, the headaches stopped, thankfully. But it took me awhile to figure out that taking aspirins was just causing more rebound headaches - it's true. when I stopped taking them completely is when the headaches stopped. Was told as a kid it was 'hereditary' as my mother frequently suffered from headaches/migraines..

Anyway you are right! too little water = dehydration = headaches!

Have you tried flavored waters, adding herbs to water, or doing the tea thing?
Yes I have, but I don’t think it’s the taste that is my issue, more the remembering and being bothered to drink. I’m apt to gulp down a whole glass of water to get it over with, rather than take my time and sip it.

Yes I have, but I don’t think it’s the taste that is my issue, more the remembering and being bothered to drink. I’m apt to gulp down a whole glass of water to get it over with, rather than take my time and sip it.
Ahhhh. I'm very much a routine person. I can say every time I go into the kitchen get a drink of water. Then that's what I do. Can you work in some kind of routine like that maybe?

chugging water as we speak. (y)

Aw Kim. I used to get terrible migraines as a child. Around kindergarten - I was the only child that got them in school. I would lay down and try to sleep, usually wake up an hour later - and I would throw up. That was the only way the migraine dissipated. As I got older, the headaches stopped, thankfully. But it took me awhile to figure out that taking aspirins was just causing more rebound headaches - it's true. when I stopped taking them completely is when the headaches stopped. Was told as a kid it was 'hereditary' as my mother frequently suffered from headaches/migraines..

Anyway you are right! too little water = dehydration = headaches!
Oh yeah, I get the rebound headaches from taking too much painkiller. And my grandmother apparently used to have bad migraines too, so it possibly is a bit hereditary. I tend to get cycles of pain and then throwing up, thankfully I haven’t had to deal with that for a while (touch wood!).

Ahhhh. I'm very much a routine person. I can say every time I go into the kitchen get a drink of water. Then that's what I do. Can you work in some kind of routine like that maybe?
****, Finny, you must piss like a race-horse for lack of a better term. I know people who drink water like you - they are in the bathroom every 10 minutes!
Whatever you do, don't ever take Saw Palmetto. You will have to live in the bathroom

I can try, though my memory is a bit hit and miss and I’m likely to totally forget and only remember when I’ve sat back down 🤣 maybe I can start recording my water intake, I work well in competition 🤭

****, Finny, you must piss like a race-horse for lack of a better term. I know people who drink water like you - they are in the bathroom every 10 minutes!
Whatever you do, don't ever take Saw Palmetto. You will have to live in the bathroom
Sometimes I do and then I notice my urine is crystal clear and think I need to stop drinking so much water. Ha! ha! I definitely have to stop myself from drinking a lot of water before I go to sleep.

I've primarily been a water drinker since my teens. After going through a recent period of habitual soda drinking, I often find myself craving soda.

...but, I always come back to delicious reverse osmosis filtered water. I've been drinking highly purified water for so long though, I think I've lost my tolerance for tap water. I think people may subconsciously just be avoiding their local water supply for one reason or another.

I'm not a snob though, if it's potable water, and I'm thirsty, I'll drink it.

I can't imagine being in a situation where I wasn't drinking enough water, unless the actual substance itself wasn't available. That'd not be fun...

Don't drink too much water either. Just drink when you are thirsty. The hydration craze is mostly a fad to help sell bullshit; unless you have some medical thing going on.

I also drink a ton of coffee, and have trouble drinking water as it's so bland. I add a little bit of Ribena makes it much more drinkable, not 100% healthy, but conversely not bad, like fizzy drinks.

I drink a lot of coffee. Used to drink a lot of soda (cold never stand the taste of diet, so always the sugar filled garbage). Then COVID, and now I can't stand the taste of soda. So it is nothing but coffee and water. Keep a bottle of water at my desk. Found that staying hydrated cut down on my urge to snack, and so I dropped a few pounds as a result.

Water is made from hydrogen and oxygen. While both gases mix they burn, water is the result and it's not a gas obviously:

Yep - also known as "dihydrogen monoxide." A primary ingredient in many industrial solvents. It also is the primary cause of erosion. And we drink this stuff?!!?

Latest posts

Back