Wayward Rooster

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 188522

Reaction score
A Batam Rooster visited me twice a day for the last two months. He would stand outside my fence and wait for feed. Three days have passed without a visit. Roadrunner was special. He could run like the wind. My heart aches; I miss him. Not knowing what happened to him has made me so very sad. Thanks, forum, for allowing me to vent.

A Batam Rooster visited me twice a day for the last two months. He would stand outside my fence and wait for feed. Three days have passed without a visit. Roadrunner was special. He could run like the wind. My heart aches; I miss him. Not knowing what happened to him has made me so very sad. Thanks, forum, for allowing me to vent.
My mom lives in WA state half the year and has tried to have chickens and roosters numerous times. Sadly, either neighbor's dogs or coyotes get them in the end. She stopped naming them after the 3rd round. Now, not to say they haven't all lived at least a couple of years... but, night times out there get rough, I guess. :(

Three days isn't too long, I'm sure he's around somewhere or he found someone else to give him special treatment.
I have an outside cat like that...okay, he was never technically mine. It's a stray, he was born outside and has always been outside. He was around for over a year. Then one day, right before a snow storm, he stopped coming around. Everyone's telling me that he got eaten by coyotes. I knew better. Three months later, he showed up again. I think he whores himself out to several different houses to maximize his eating potential and options. lol Now I see him about once or twice a month.

Hopefully he'll turn up again, but you can take some consolation that roosters can pretty well fend for themselves out there, probably much better than we could. Who knows, maybe a juicy hen caught his eye and they're honeymooning in their love nest?

Latest posts

Back