welcome to the NHK!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nhk

Reaction score
I don't know if anyone here watches anime, but "Welcome to the NHK" is my favorite-- I guess I just want to fanboy about it for a bit-- it is literally what inspired my username, and I even wrote a book that is heavily influenced by it. It's the first THING that I have ever emotionally connected with, and that is not even a joke.

I remember watching it after a long, isolated day of school, after sitting at my desk doodling while the other students socialized and chatted with each other, and I'd go back home to binge episodes of it in my room until the next morning. I finished it in a little over two weeks. Every scene and every moment was PACKED with relatable essence. Unlike Sato, I don't smoke, or drink, nor am I 24 years old with my own apartment, but everything he thought and said was relatable to me. I felt so comfortable and understood watching these fictional characters deal with and endure what I've been enduring all my life.

and the soundtrack. GOD OH GOD THE SOUNDTRACK OF THIS SHOW. It is by far, without a shadow of a doubt, the most depressing and unexpectedly beautiful music one can ever have the pleasure of hearing.

If you haven't watched it, I encourage you to. Maybe just perhaps, you might find the comfort I did when I was younger, and find a sort of-- morbid serenity in this otherwise depressing and gloomy series.

...I dunno, I'm new to having a "favorite thing" haha

Welcome to the NHK! episode 1 english dub <======= Seems like someone made a playlist of the episodes (conveniently) last year! when I watched it, I had to surf the website after each intro to lock down the next episode I'd get to watch, so this makes it so much easier for anyone that wants to try it out. It's mainly psychological and narrative driven, so don't expect a lot of exciting action lol

I've always liked anime too. I really respect their drawing abilities. I tried to try to make a short anime years ago for fun. But, I lack the talent, which made me appreciate it even more.

I've always liked anime too. I really respect their drawing abilities. I tried to try to make a short anime years ago for fun. But, I lack the talent, which made me appreciate it even more.
Art is a fickle beast. I've been drawing for a little over 8 years now, and even I can't muster up the stamina to finish a comic. I'm going to college for animation though, so maybe I'll pick something up lol. I hope I can join the professional animation scene one day.

Art is a fickle beast. I've been drawing for a little over 8 years now, and even I can't muster up the stamina to finish a comic. I'm going to college for animation though, so maybe I'll pick something up lol. I hope I can join the professional animation scene one day.
Ha! ha! Yes it is. Oh man that is so awesome! There is so much software available now too. Have you used any of it? I had a couple movie software packages a couple decades ago and they really worked my overclocked computer to death just to do a few scenes at a time. If I remember correctly one was a Disney product. I'm sure the new software works well with drawing tablets now. You must be having fun with what you are learning. But, I'm sure things have gotten very complicated too. That would be awesome to work in the field. It is so rewarding to get the emotional responses that you want to get from people who view your work. I wish you well in your endeavor. It sounds like you'll have a fun career.

Ha! ha! Yes it is. Oh man that is so awesome! There is so much software available now too. Have you used any of it? I had a couple movie software packages a couple decades ago and they really worked my overclocked computer to death just to do a few scenes at a time. If I remember correctly one was a Disney product. I'm sure the new software works well with drawing tablets now. You must be having fun with what you are learning. But, I'm sure things have gotten very complicated too. That would be awesome to work in the field. It is so rewarding to get the emotional responses that you want to get from people who view your work. I wish you well in your endeavor. It sounds like you'll have a fun career.
I haven't started animation classes yet, but I have been really deep in the digital art side of things-- I bought an XP Pen artist pro a few months ago, and it works wonders with CSP (I still just use Firealpaca though, since my laptop is HORRIBLE lol)
I mainly draw for fun, and do commissions for my friends and whoever else needs one! it's more fun when I'm indulging though, however unrecommended lol

Latest posts

Back