What a Way to Get Rejected

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One of my pet peeves is people who play mind games, and that's exactly what she was doing with you. Thank God you saw her true colors when you did so you didn't have experience more of her crap.

While nobody knows for sure what was going through her mind, I would concur that her motivation was pure self-validation. Some people get off on the idea that someone else wants them but can't have them. It would be one thing if you liked her and she showed no interest in return, but deliberately flirting with you and leading you on like she did is despicable behavior that likely comes from a true sense of narcissism on her part. Such people, attractive as they may seem on the outside, are really very needy on the inside. Sounds like she's carrying some serious emotional baggage. I feel sorry for any man who actually ends up in a long-term relationship with her. That poor guy, whoever he may be, is really in for a world of hurt! Consider yourself lucky by comparison.

Just remember that everyone is different. There are good women out there who actually have respect for others and don't play these idiotic games. You'll find one who appreciates the man you are, inside and out.

soresoul said:
Can be alot worse. I had a friend that was recovering from a major back surgery and his then girlfriend who spent alot of time with him there. On the final day she didn't pick him up, and his mother brought him home. He tried calling her but no answer. As he waited for her return call, he puts on an old video tape of one his favorite movies, as the movie begins it gets cut off and it cuts into his girlfriend saying "I'm sorry for not picking you up, but I made other plans" as the guy comes from the side and they started to make out and and the camera cuts off. It messed him up over the years and now he has a lifetime of doctors because of that *****.

Oh my God I feel so bad for that guy. :(

im sorry , how do i create a thread of my own

and women are many times heartless cruel and self centered cuz most of them can get a guy whenever they want so we have little value to make them try IMO

charlie brown said:

and women are many times heartless cruel and self centered cuz most of them can get a guy whenever they want so we have little value to make them try IMO

*grabs popcorn and gets ready*

charlie brown said:

Go to the right forum where you want to make the thread and to the right you will see something called POST THREAD. Then you can make your own thread.

charlie brown said:

Oh boy.

Paraiyar said:
charlie brown said:

Can I get some of that. :p

EveWasFramed said:
Paraiyar said:
charlie brown said:

Can I get some of that. :p

I'll take some, too.

:club:

People in general can be heartless and self-centered. Has nothing to do with genders, so try and stay away from such potential generalizations, please.

And I, as a woman, cannot get any man I want whenever I want. If I could, I'd be with a good looking bounty hunter right about now.

Paraiyar,you're going to have no popcorn left,I hope you've brought a huge tub! and oh and i'm just here for the popcorn too lol

I think there are women out there that would say similar things about men,it isn't gender specific,women cannot get any guy they want just like men canot just get any woman they want. If they could nobody would even need to try in the first place.

BeyondShy said:
soresoul said:
Can be alot worse. I had a friend that was recovering from a major back surgery and his then girlfriend who spent alot of time with him there. On the final day she didn't pick him up, and his mother brought him home. He tried calling her but no answer. As he waited for her return call, he puts on an old video tape of one his favorite movies, as the movie begins it gets cut off and it cuts into his girlfriend saying "I'm sorry for not picking you up, but I made other plans" as the guy comes from the side and they started to make out and and the camera cuts off. It messed him up over the years and now he has a lifetime of doctors because of that *****.

Oh my God I feel so bad for that guy. :(

Yeah no one should of ever been treated this way. Granted some people have it out for me for no reason but under no circumstances I would want that to ever happen to anyone.

This was an honest story.... it sucks what happened and typical of the mind games some women play. All that flirting just to play with your head, and for what? I'm glad you are strong enough to be able to deal with this with dignity. I might have dealt with it differently, not sure if I'd say it would be better. I'm just learning (at 50) how frequently and deviantly women play these games just to make themselves feel good, or to deal with boredom.

Agreed. I would have been tempted to call the young lady out on her remarks, although there really would have been no point to doing so. The OP certainly handled the situation with tact and dignity by just letting it slide and moving forward.

The reality is that there are people of both sexes who engage in this type of game-playing. Thankfully they are more the exception than the rule. I still believe that the silent majority of people are decent and good-hearted. The bad apples just seem to garner more attention than they deserve.

Have faith. Good women are out there. I'm married to one.

morrowrd said:
This was an honest story.... it sucks what happened and typical of the mind games some women play. All that flirting just to play with your head, and for what? I'm glad you are strong enough to be able to deal with this with dignity. I might have dealt with it differently, not sure if I'd say it would be better. I'm just learning (at 50) how frequently and deviantly women play these games just to make themselves feel good, or to deal with boredom.

Some do, just like some men do the same thing to women and same/same. Let's try not to gender stereotype that kind of thing isn't tolerated here. Thanks.

It's easy to let past experience influence future encounters, but it's really counter-productive, not to mention it just doesn't make logical sense. Everybody is different. Not that we can't learn something from our experiences, as long as we don't allow them to cloud our judgement. The key is to develop a greater awareness and learn to identify certain red flags.

Thinking back to my single days, one thing that would always trigger an alert was when someone would make a deliberate point of saying they didn't play games, or that they didn't like a person who did so. Of course, who does? The fact that the person even felt compelled to bring it up made me think twice, as it seemed such people were the most likely to engage in the very behavior they were so concerned about, at least in my experience. It should naturally go without saying that well-balanced people don't deliberately engage in manipulative behavior, nor do we seek it from others. To me, it was like someone saying "I don't rob banks, and I don't like bank robbers". Gee, I should hope not!

Latest posts

Back