What are you eating/drinking right now?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Budweiser
iu

Lunch was a Salami, Soppressata and Capicola sandwich with roasted peppers and a glass of V8 juice.

I was 14 the first time I braved downtown Pittsburgh on my own. I found a soft prezzie vendor. I'd never had one but they smelled great. I bought this huge fluffy pretzel that might have been the most fabulous delectable I'd ever had. It cost me a nickle.

Oh how times have changed.

Prezels are said to be created by monks of French or German nationality. They both claim the honor. Breze or brezel in German, and French, bretzel.

"Within the Christian Church, pretzels were regarded as having religious significance for both ingredients and shape. Pretzels made with a simple recipe using only flour and water could be eaten during Lent when Christians were forbidden to eat eggs, lard, or dairy products such as milk and butter (cf. Daniel Fast).[12] As time passed, pretzels became associated with both Lent and Easter. Pretzels were hidden on Easter morning just as eggs are hidden today,[citation needed] and are particularly associated with Lent, fasting and prayers before Easter.[13]" ~ wikipidia

I don't know but my first soft pretzel was certainly a religious experience.

Latest posts

Back