What are you feeling, hoping, thinking, or remembering right now?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I'm thinking I did the right thing today. I was talking to my sweet little old lady in the corner and I told her I was starving and was going to go home and make an omelette. She thought that sounded good so I went home and I made one for her and took it over to her.

That worked out well. She just brought two pieces of pizza over here!

So I'm thinking I did the right thing today. I was talking to my sweet little old lady in the corner and I told her I was starving and was going to go home and make an omelette. She thought that sounded good so I went home and I made one for her and took it over to her.

That worked out well. She just brought two pieces of pizza over here!
SCORE!

Things are getting a little bit better for me which is a plus. I'm still dealing with grief over my brother's suicide, but things are getting slowly better for me. I'm changing but it's for the better. I am not the same person I was a few years ago and I like that I'm not. So change can be a good thing.

My afternoon was really peaceful and relaxing. It was raining and windy outside so I mainly stayed in.

Getting older?? Yes, I know the feeling, but as long as we wake up on the outside of the urn, we have to keep going!

"Lie to me again, and I'll open you from your belly to your brain and feed you your intestines."

Every time any of us kids said “something stinks” my uncle would say “it’s your upper lip” my aunt would get onto him for being “crass” but we thought it was funny.

I remember a time when the government made sure basic food items were cheap, subsides to farmers, so people didn't realize inflation was going on. They no longer care about hiding it because it's impossible to do so now. Turns out it doesn't matter.

If the government is a ponzi scheme, so too must be every state, and every city in every state. :(
And yes, it at least felt more practical before COVID.

I'm hoping the camera at my apartment complex caught the Pitt Bull who attacked my service dog yesterday leaving me with a 540 dollar vet bill. The owner lied to animal control and that video evidence will be the only thing to prove what really happened. I want that freaking dog muzzled and leashed from now on.

I remember a time when the government made sure basic food items were cheap, subsides to farmers, so people didn't realize inflation was going on. They no longer care about hiding it because it's impossible to do so now. Turns out it doesn't matter.
Over the last two years, the US Federal Reserve has printed 80% of all US dollars in existence. The old shell games won't work anymore. The whole world is about to hit a recession like no other. We are on a slow moving train wreck and it's going to suck.

I am so disappointed and sad this morning. I lost more than enough of a support system and someone who centers me this year and my senior pastor is now retiring. Whether you share my beliefs or don't share them at all, just understand that he is an awesome person.

He is one year older than I am so he isn't a young man. When he had his first church, he stood his ground by welcoming people from other races into the small rural church that he served. Even though he had a family to support, he didn't back down and was asked to leave and hasn't changed throughout his entire life. (This was a different era) He jokes about what a rebel he is.

He gladly accepts invitations to speak and offer prayers at BLM gatherings. After the pulse nightclub massacre, he gladly did the same in our local community. When shelters wouldn't accept migrant workers who had no papers and a hurricane was heading for the little rural area, he asked the bus drivers if they would be willing to risk their lives since the hurricane was near and 25 people needed shelter and he welcomed them into the church and made sure there were blankets and plenty of food here for them and kept checking on them throughout the storm.

Instead of being boring, he had some awesome sermons and I hope I remember a lot of them and apply it during my lifetime. One of my favorites was, "God doesn't kill people to increase the population of heaven."

My denomination is now splitting apart and the last several years when he went to conference, he begged many of the others that we stop singling out groups and judging them and just welcome everyone equally.

Anyway, just really sadness me.

Drove myself back into self harm after 5 years of abstinence. Battling my disease feels like shovelling sand with a sieve. Together with my Depression I hang in the Internet all day, trying to forget my misery. No friends, no family, chronic diseases over years. Running around in circles with no clue of how to break that cycle. I feel so hopeless.

Drove myself back into self harm after 5 years of abstinence. Battling my disease feels like shovelling sand with a sieve. Together with my Depression I hang in the Internet all day, trying to forget my misery. No friends, no family, chronic diseases over years. Running around in circles with no clue of how to break that cycle. I feel so hopeless.
Melli, I'm so sorry you're feeling this way. Take gentle care of yourself.

Latest posts

Back