What are you feeling, hoping, thinking, or remembering right now?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey! When did you move to Loserville? I thought you were a permanent resident of Honeysuckleville?
It was a last minute move. Managed to get a mortgage at a decent rate in this awful economic climate, so i made a quick dash there :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: . I may move back to honeysuckleville one day or maybe ducking is another option

It was a last minute move. Managed to get a mortgage at a decent rate in this awful economic climate, so i made a quick dash there :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: . I may move back to honeysuckleville one day or maybe ducking is another option
I hope that Honeysuckville's taxes aren't too high. If so you could probably move to Craptopia since you don't have to pay sewage fees there. You just go where ever you happen to be.

Lucia, whom I joke around with all night, made a grandfather joke to me. She didn't know, but...I was a bit surprised and disappointed in how both angry and depressed that made me. I waited a bit to cool off then went to see her with what I hope was a nice smile. "Listen, I don't really like those types of jokes. I know, you didn't mean anything, it's me. Just please don't".
Kind of soured my beginning of the weekend mood.

Lucia, whom I joke around with all night, made a grandfather joke to me. She didn't know, but...I was a bit surprised and disappointed in how both angry and depressed that made me. I waited a bit to cool off then went to see her with what I hope was a nice smile. "Listen, I don't really like those types of jokes. I know, you didn't mean anything, it's me. Just please don't".
Kind of soured my beginning of the weekend mood.

Just wanted to say, good on you for keeping your composure, before talking to her about it (y)

I hope you'll be able to resume joking around with each other again, while avoiding the types of jokes you don't like.

Just wanted to say, good on you for keeping your composure, before talking to her about it (y)

I hope you'll be able to resume joking around with each other again, while avoiding the types of jokes you don't like.
The vast majority of people around me, including everyone I work with, has no idea what happened and what's going through my head at various times. Besides the close family members who do, as well as the very very few friends (some of whom I regret telling), the only ones know me are the people on here. It's not just my tale to tell, it's my daughter's. I can't go around getting pissed at them whenever they make a mistake they don't know about. But it's a story too heavy for me to tell them about, especially at the workplace. It's not one I feel close enough, trusting enough, to confide in them. Ironically, I never thought lugging this honeysuckle around would be this isolating. I feel damned lonely sometimes and damned angry, because I know it's not right. So I put a cork in it and bottle it down. It ain't good though. She unwittingly triggered something. I'm kind of a real shitty human being right now.
Anyway, thanks kid.

Last edited:
I was 13 when I first had a friend pass.
A girl named Lauren that lived next door to me, we were the same age and both of our younger sisters are the same age.
Lauren lost control of her bicycle on a steep hill one morning on the way to school, she hit a pothole in the road at a speed high enough that it bent the frame of the wheel.
Went airborn, and broke her neck on impact and died.
I couldn't really correlate it at the time.
Our families were fighting for 2 or 3 months prior to that over a fight my younger sister and her younger sister got into.
So at that time, we weren't allowed to hang out with each other.
They had a private funeral service, family only.
Thereafter, her family moved out of the country to Australia.
I forgot that this happened to me.
I think in part because Lauren and I had feelings for each other but neither of us were confident enough to talk about it directly.
I hadn't had a girlfriend yet at that point, because I was 13, so I was basically a kid. Just like I couldn't really correlate that she'd died.
I watched a movie I haven't seen in a long time because it's the film adaptation of a book that her and I both read, and then it came back to my memory.
This is why I don't talk about my personal life much.
Because it's mostly a bunch of sad and repressed memories that occasionally come back for one reason or another.
I think I'm gonna throw on another movie and just go to bed. Or try to, at least.

I'm thinking that I really needed a change.
Like taking 6 to 12 months off from work, and maybe traveling around the country and seeing different sites like I did back in 1990.
But I took job with more responsibility because they made a decent offer, and I am in the works of doing some side consulting with a good friend who needs the help and will be relying on me.
So I can't just bolt on either of them.
But d*mn I really could have used that time off. I really could have.

Latest posts

Back