What are you listening to?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some of the fighting about music reminds me of how I used to get so mad, when people criticized my liking of punk rock. Or how I'd get so mad if someone made fun of my favorite bands - I got into online arguments, and I'd get so mad it was as if I was a member of the band myself. Not that I was pretending to be, or something - it was just that I took it that personally.

Same goes for cars - I'd get so mad if someone made fun of my love for Mustangs.

I see the error of those ways now and have since stopped doing that. I think it's important to remember, that while we strongly identify with our tastes, a person's like or dislike of a band or genre, or car, movie, whatever, is not necessarily an attack on a person themselves, or their character.
Can I just make it clear that I wasn’t criticising metal. I was just saying how it affected me and was curious how it affected others in an opposite way. My words may have been written and/or taken a bit poorly, but I didn’t see or assume any fighting going on. Music is amazing and affects people in different ways and my life would be awful without it.

This song has played on the radio for awhile, but in a "you know it's in the background, but can't hear the words" sort of way. So I gave it a good listen on my walk the other day, and ended up bawling in the middle of the road. ****.

Latest posts

Back