What are you listening to?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Normally I just post the official version of the song, but I like the video from this one, and I have nostalgia for it. This is the video of the song that I watched the most, when I discovered it back in 2010-2011 or so, when I was browsing the Internet a lot for new songs and bands. That was a good time in my life, things weren't as bad, and it wasn't as hard to feel hopeful.

Atlas Sound - An Orchid

Last edited:
@ringwood you really like Syd, huh?

Here's one of his funniest songs:

Syd Barrett - Bob Dylan Blues

I wouldn't say I'm a 'fan' of Syd like I am of Pink Floyd. But, yes, I like the psychedelic-feel of his music and his strong English accent while singing. The Piper at the Gates of Dawn is one of my favourite Pink Floyd albums.

@ewomack

Was just listening to those earlier today myself. I liked Syd a lot too.

Later Pink Floyd is good, and had it's own charm. But Syd really had that whole mystical, psychedelic wizard thing going on. He's one of those people that makes you wonder, what's going on inside his mind? How does he see things that way?

But, yes, I like the psychedelic-feel of his music and his strong English accent while singing. The Piper at the Gates of Dawn is one of my favourite Pink Floyd albums.

Yeah, same. He was super-English, which to me adds to that old world, medieval wizard type of personality. Like he himself is some kind of fairytale character. "Piper" is chock full of those kinds of themes. He seems like a real romantic, one of those people that has a larger than life vision and never has a day full of dull thoughts.

Last edited:
Yeah, same. He was super-English, which to me adds to that old world, medieval wizard type of personality. Like he himself is some kind of fairytale character. "Piper" is chock full of those kinds of themes. He seems like a real romantic, one of those people that has a larger than life vision and never has a day full of dull thoughts.
Romantic - exactly! I think of him as the ultimate, head-in-the-clouds-feet-in-the-dandelions English eccentric (although how much of that was due to his LSD and drug use, who knows). Still, I think he would have been such a fascinating person to hang around with.

Still, I think he would have been such a fascinating person to hang around with.

Or to be like, oneself. I took shrooms and acid a couple times about 10 years ago, because I wanted to get the Syd-like vision, to see things and think about things like that kind of person.

It didn't work for me like that though. It was interesting, but it just gave me a bunch of jumbled thoughts and colors.

I think you have to know things, and know how to do things, ahead of time, in order to get any real meaningful vision out of it. It might help your remix things, but I don't think it can give you anything you don't already have inside your mind. The best metaphor I can think of for it is like the Empire Strikes Back when Luke goes into the cave on Dagobah, and he asks Yoda what's in there and he replies, "only what you take with you".

Latest posts

Back