What are you listening to?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been rocking out to this one lately, listening to it over and over.

I discovered it randomly, from a comment on a Smashing Pumpkins concert video.

Turns out the guy has his own band, and they're pretty good themselves. They remind me a lot of the Pumpkins, I can see the influences. Like them, they can alternate between psychedelic, dream-like sounds, to hard rock riffs and vocals all in the same songs. Funny thing is, normally I'm not into screamed vocals. But, this band makes it work! And that solo at 1:45, the first time I heard it, it blew me away 🤘

I like how it shows that all the grunge-sounding melodies, both musically and vocally, haven't been mined out already. There's still new sounds out there to discover, I only wish I could find them myself.

Anyhoo, as the guy himself says:

"Some rock n roll will never die but this will kill you."

The Blacklight Velvets - Belladonna

Aw Noxy, I love the Moon too :) I actuallly enjoyed the song as well - thank youuuuuu!!

I didn't think anybody would listen to it. lol.
Nightwish is the brainchild of Tuomas Holopainen, the keyboardist.
Tuomas demands that everything be epic. lol.

I didn't think anybody would listen to it. lol.
Nightwish is the brainchild of Tuomas Holopainen, the keyboardist.
Tuomas demands that everything be epic. lol.
I blagged a freebie for their show in London last night, gotta say I wasn't impressed, left about 20 minutes into their set. The support act was pretty good though ( Didn't get their name, Beast something? ).

Latest posts

Back