What are you thinking right now?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Obama talked a very good game, while running up to his first presidency. Then, most of it went out the window, if not all of it.

I have this theory that... When you finally, officially become prezident... They sit you down, and give you... 'the talk...' Over the course of a few days or a week or so (USA at least..)...

...and once they get you up to speed, you realize, Every limb of your body is completely tied down (so to speak), except for your left pinky. And you realize just how tangled up everything is. That and probably a combination of, 'sell out syndrome,' how, for some, money, power, fame, celebrity, and circumstance: changes you...

*shrug*

Most of us are lazy voters, at best. When I get my opportunity, I usually put in a few hours to research every option, and make the best informed choice I can; but I count myself as barely above lazy as*hole, if at all.. Most people just vote straight down the line, without doing any research. And beyond that, people don't vote at all.

I say, vote because it's your right, (and really, a duty..). Whether it matters or not, doesn't matter to me... If power structures make a lot of things a moot point, that's on them.

Last edited:
I say, vote because it's your right, (and really, a duty..).
I hear this all the time all over the globe. The democratic process can’t transform immoral acts into moral ones. Therefore, participating in elections entails signing your name to countless misdeeds.

Maybe you think that’s okay, that's a general 'you'. Maybe you believe you’re morally justified in exercising the awesome might of government to make neighbours and strangers teach their children in ways you prefer or eat foods you happen to like or do business only with people you approve of. Maybe, in the end, you’re right. But on election day especially, we should take a moment to consider the moral questions raised by exercising that right to vote.

Well, they tell me of a pie up in the sky
Waiting for me when I die
But between the day you're born and when you die
They never seem to hear even your cry
So as sure as the sun will shine
I'm gonna get my share now, what's mine
And then the harder they come
The harder they fall, one and all
Ooh, the harder they come
Well, the oppressors are trying to keep me down
Trying to drive me underground
And they think that they have got the battle won
I say forgive them Lord, they know not what they've done
'Cause, as sure as the sun will shine
Harder they fall, one and all
And I keep on fighting for the things I want
Though I know that when you're dead you can't
But I'd rather be a free man in my grave
Than living as a puppet or a slave
So as sure as the sun will shine
Harder they fall, one and all
Hey, the harder they come

Travel.Make memories. Have adventures. Because I guarantee that when you're 85 and on your death bed you won't think about that vintage car you bought, or the twenty Gibson and Fender guitars you owned. But you will think about that time you got lost in your favourite city. The nights spent falling in love under the stars and all the beautiful people you met along the way. You'll think of the moments that made you feel truly alive. And at the very end, those memories will be the only valuable possessions you own.

I want to get in my car and drive until I find what I'm looking for. Maybe it's purpose, maybe it's a fresh start or maybe it's just a sky full of stars.

... or that the bands on it are too flimsy to be assured that it will withstand the repeated wear of taking it off and putting it on at every little stop you make.

Latest posts

Back