What are you thinking right now?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's only the Union Jack when mounted on a warship that isn't in a Harbour, on the hood of a car it's the Union Flag.

Pedantic? me? how dare you ;)
*Mental note: in order to avoid offending potentially pedantic people who lurk on internet forums, when referring to a British flag that is mounted on anything other than a warship not in a harbour, just post a picture of said object. . . :ROFLMAO: ;) :LOL:

Union Jack 'B - hood 1.jpg

*Mental note: in order to avoid offending potentially pedantic people who lurk on internet forums, when referring to a British flag that is mounted on anything other than a warship not in a harbour, just post a picture of said object. . . :ROFLMAO: ;) :LOL:

View attachment 5186
Speaking of flags, my local church has a pair of skulls and crossbones over the entrance that inspired the Jolly Roger flag. It's also the burial place of Christopher Marlowe.

JollyRoger1-1060x450.jpg

Speaking of flags, my local church has a pair of skulls and crossbones over the entrance that inspired the Jolly Roger flag. It's also the burial place of Christopher Marlowe.

View attachment 5187
So cool! So this is St. Nicholas Church, Deptford - correct? Just did a search on Christopher Marlowe - poor fellow was buried in an unmarked grave. I love all the ancient history right on your doorstep in the U.K.

So cool! So this is St. Nicholas Church, Deptford - correct? Just did a search on Christopher Marlowe - poor fellow was buried in an unmarked grave. I love all the ancient history right on your doorstep in the U.K.
Yeah it is, Deptford was the home of the British navy for centuries and lots of those sailors took up piracy.

They say Marlowe was killed in a knife fight over an unpaid bar tab but I reckon ole Will Shakespeare had him ' done in '

But when would a non-rich person have the time to learn everything you need to be a superhero? You almost have to depend on luck, like just being born with powers, or being given them by someone, or being in the right place at the right time - because you certainly don't have that much time to get them yourself. It's as if regular people don't have the time, energy, or resources to be adventurers, and to break out of mundane life.

I wish I could focus on getting good at things and knowledgeable at things that mattered to me, instead of having to focus on something just to make money. I feel like the need to make money is like running on a treadmill, you wear yourself out, but never seem to go forward.
Maybe we should set up a Go Fund Me account so Ska can become a super hero fish. He could battle all the corporations polluting our waters and protect all the aquatic life in the oceans. What do you think about $10 Billion enough?

Maybe we should set up a Go Fund Me account so Ska can become a super hero fish. He could battle all the corporations polluting our waters and protect all the aquatic life in the oceans. What do you think about $10 Billion enough?
He could have starfish attached to his belt, that he could toss like shuriken. Only in a pinch of course, otherwise they’d be decorative starfish.

How much will that cost? do the starfish need training?

He could have starfish attached to his belt, that he could toss like shuriken. Only in a pinch of course, otherwise they’d be decorative starfish.

How much will that cost? do the starfish need training?
Valid points. I guess we could confer with Aquaman. I'm sure Ska would have some overlap with him.

Last edited:
The Keurig that a plumber can hook up to the main water line is sounding amazing. I could use an intervention and an adult.

The city does NOT have public wifi in most of their buildings. Hell, most of the big box chain stores have it. But, maybe that's why the city buildings are empty and well .............................

I'm not sure if my part husky dog is being dramatic or cheering with me when he howls as I scream and cheer while I watch soccer/football game.

Why is it some people think not stopping for people on zebra crossing is optional these days or following the highway code.

Latest posts

Back