What are you thinking right now?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The pains in my chest just don't stop along with the sadness. I just feel like I'm drowning every moment I'm awake

It would have been much better if I'd fitted in to that meathead rugby culture of the 90s/2000s - being a self-conscious mamma's boy has ruined any chance I had at normality, marriage, kids. "Mates." Alcohol soaked nights out. Demeaning anyone who doesn't fit in as a worthless f word... The surefire way to Real Man status.

Also I'm curious what the blokes of my generation make of Gen Z.

Last edited:
It would have been much better if I'd fitted in to that meathead rugby culture of the 90s/2000s - being a self-conscious mamma's boy has ruined any chance I had at normality, marriage, kids. "Mates." Alcohol soaked nights out. Demeaning anyone who doesn't fit in as a worthless f word... The surefire way to Real Man status.

Hey. I'm a woman not a guy (21y/o). I'm not a fan of how quick things have changed. I still like speaking to random people on the train but these day they just look at you like your crazy. As if we're all supposed to have social anxiety, fresia no. I think its all a façade. Same as the 'real man' honeysuckle. If you got a dick you're a man. Ardour, the train always comes back around. No matter your age or how much time wasted you are still living which means you can make something of it. But do it for how it makes you feel not anyone else. You are a man in your own right.

Do Ancient Astronaut Theorists ever say no? 🤔🥴
I'm 99% sure that the handbags and high technology they had was just Doordash. 🥴

The ONE word I wish wasn't on the censor list, the one I use the most and never figured was an actual swear, is damm. Sometimes I don't think about it and write it, but when it pops up as four stars? People probably assume I'm writing the f word lol.
Kind of funny.

Let's hope this Logitech doesn't cr*p itself again and random keys just random stop working after 5 minutes. It's been good so far 🙃 .

Say you come to a fork in the road.
The left path takes you on a 20 minute walk, just to bring you back to the original fork.
The right path takes you on a 2 hour walk, just to bring you back to the original fork.
Than, does it really matter which path you choose to walk?
If the result is the exact same either way, does it actually matter?

Say you come to a fork in the road.
The left path takes you on a 20 minute walk, just to bring you back to the original fork.
The right path takes you on a 2 hour walk, just to bring you back to the original fork.
Than, does it really matter which path you choose to walk?
If the result is the exact same either way, does it actually matter?
It matters.
The two hour walk gets you some great steady state fat burning low impact cardio.
The 20 minute walk just gets you some fresh air. Still good. But not as good.

;)

I'm born in 1966.
So one of the early GenXers.
I have two Gen Z "zoomers" on on of the teams I manage, and one on another of my teams.
All 3 are great. They listen, learn, take responsibility, and ask when they are not sure. And usually they only ask once.
But these are all Comp Sci kids.
Not the purple hair & nose ring crowd.

How its almost impossible to know who to trust these days. People are such fakes and such phonies these days.

A hazmat suit (in addition to our masks) would have been really helpful to sort through my stepfather's mobile home . . . especially considering the mouse (or rat?) honeysuckle everywhere, the mold, the overflowing garbage and the horrific stench. Whatever. . . job is done now.

So on my way home after getting my kids, we were talking about me and my brothers and how we all look (spurred by a conversation I had earlier with my niece.) My oldest son said my oldest brother was an 8, my other older brother was a 3 or 4 and I'm a 6.
I was curious why he put me at 6, so I asked him. "Well, it's your complexion" Oh, so you because I'm pale, that lowers me? " No, your face is all spotty" You mean my FRECKLES? "Yeah, I guess I don't like freckles" lol WTF....I don't have THAT many and they aren't that dark either.

So on my way home after getting my kids, we were talking about me and my brothers and how we all look (spurred by a conversation I had earlier with my niece.) My oldest son said my oldest brother was an 8, my other older brother was a 3 or 4 and I'm a 6.
I was curious why he put me at 6, so I asked him. "Well, it's your complexion" Oh, so you because I'm pale, that lowers me? " No, your face is all spotty" You mean my FRECKLES? "Yeah, I guess I don't like freckles" lol WTF....I don't have THAT many and they aren't that dark either.
Kids are so funny. My son is an almost identical version of m, but young and pretty, and when his friends pick at him about me he has started accusing them of wanting him since we look so much alike.

I have to say, I love how I get immediately shut down around here (home) and can't voice my fears or feelings at all, they're just invalidated right out of the gate.

It's like this is the thing the world does, not only does it do nothing to help you with your problems, but it silences you from even saying you have a problem at all.

Then I can't curse on here either, which is all in all a minor thing but like the icing on the cake. Nope, we can't talk about problems, happiness is the only permissible feeling!
We can only say how fine we are with everything, which kind of makes talking pointless because if all you can say is that everything is fine, you have no idea if it's really fine or not.

Everything is FINE, life is GREAT, NOTHING is wrong EVER!

You're just supposed to smile and play along, la la la la, everything is fine 🙃

I have to say, I love how I get immediately shut down around here (home) and can't voice my fears or feelings at all, they're just invalidated right out of the gate.

It's like this is the thing the world does, not only does it do nothing to help you with your problems, but it silences you from even saying you have a problem at all.

Then I can't curse on here either, which is all in all a minor thing but like the icing on the cake. Nope, we can't talk about problems, happiness is the only permissible feeling!
We can only say how fine we are with everything, which kind of makes talking pointless because if all you can say is that everything is fine, you have no idea if it's really fine or not.

Everything is FINE, life is GREAT, NOTHING is wrong EVER!

You're just supposed to smile and play along, la la la la, everything is fine 🙃
Well of course. If someone else is fine, you have got to be fine and it's literally the law at this point. You cannot feel sad, angry, annoyed or anything and you've just got to be amazing at all times. Life is the chuckle hut and it's really incredible, not tedious in any way at all 🙃 .

Well of course. If someone else is fine, you have got to be fine and it's literally the law at this point. You cannot feel sad, angry, annoyed or anything and you've just got to be amazing at all times. Life is the chuckle hut and it's really incredible, not tedious in any way at all 🙃 .

Well, that's the thing, they're not fine either, none of us are, save for maybe my brother, but he doesn't live here anymore and has difficulties of his own to deal with (though vastly different than our own difficulties).

Our lives were never awesome, but were at least livable before, and got a little better (though not as much as most other people around here, it seemed) as the '90s went on.
After that, apart from a few exceptions, it's almost only gotten worse, to the point that if something were to get better now, it would feel weird, like some kind of cartoon or dream, like this doesn't happen to us, it can't be real.

I feel bad arguing with my parents and draining their health. I don't really want to do it.
But at the same time, I feel like I have no outlet for my bad feelings.
And it frustrates me that, it's like, I can't say anything is wrong. I get shouted down immediately.
It's really frustrating that people would rather go with the narrative that I'm lazy, than acknowledge that I feel despair.

I wish I was just born good at things. Then I wouldn't have any of these problems at all. And maybe even those around me would have less problems too.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back