What are you thinking right now?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why the weather here change more times this year than girls hair colors? 🙄
I can't get honeysuckle done outside that way. :cautious:

I keep seeing posts online about fiber internet coming to towns around me. I am seeing Fiber companies installing in all of the towns around me.
It's like, yeah, okay, you go ahead and give those people who have MULTIPLE choices that start out at like 100 Mbps yet another option for even more speed.........

Here I am, out in the middle of nowhere getting 20 Mbps and only one real option.......I'm not even classified as high speed, people!!!!! WTF.

(side note, yes, they are actually working on getting those of us in the middle of nowhere decent internet, but it might be a while because there's a lot of middle of nowhere around me.....)

Me: (Sarcasm)
I keep seeing posts online about fiber internet coming to towns around me. I am seeing Fiber companies installing in all of the towns around me.
It's like, yeah, okay, you go ahead and give those people who have MULTIPLE choices that start out at like 100 Mbps yet another option for even more speed.........

Here I am, out in the middle of nowhere getting 20 Mbps and only one real option.......I'm not even classified as high speed, people!!!!! WTF.

(side note, yes, they are actually working on getting those of us in the middle of nowhere decent internet, but it might be a while because there's a lot of middle of nowhere around me.....)

SmallTownProblems. Yep. I've got the same issue.
Can drive 30 minutes to the next town over and they have all of their power lines underground.
Here though, We've got more cables in the air than Spider-Man doing a number on Dr. Octopus.
And yes, it's slow as shaite.
To the point to where if I've got a big download I'm still doing the 90s kid thing of setting it up in the morning before I leave home and hoping it's done by the time I come home.

To the point to where if I've got a big download I'm still doing the 90s kid thing of setting it up in the morning before I leave home and hoping it's done by the time I come home.
We do our downloads overnight. lol
Hell, I was still on dial up well into the 2000's because that's literally all I could get.

Well when you work at home, it kind of vital that you have decent internet.

When my kids and I are all home, it drains quickly and of course neither one of them is causing it (yes they are) so my tv starts buffering and my browser won't load and I can't work because I am now getting 0.84 Mbps.

So yeah, might be a first world problem, but I need it to live. No work = no money.

My town is getting fiber this summer. We used to be the too small for honeysuckle area.

I've been heavily considering starlink though, especially if I go back to school.

My town is getting fiber this summer. We used to be the too small for honeysuckle area.

I've been heavily considering starlink though, especially if I go back to school.

Ooh, what are you thinking of going back to school for????

Is 31 too young to start declaring favourite songs of my lifetime?

Yes and no. I mean, you still have a lot of time to find new ones, but some songs you find early, you know are ones that are going to stick with you. I know I have a few already myself, some from my early years too.

I've probably known "Tonight Tonight" by The Smashing Pumpkins, is one of my favorite songs of my lifetime since I was a youngster!

Well when you work at home, it kind of vital that you have decent internet………………So yeah, might be a first world problem, but I need it to live. No work = no money.
I was just stirring lol. I know how important it is. The govt implemented the National Broadband Network a few years ago and most people benefited. I have three kids, so I’ve known about the buffering lol.

I was just stirring lol. I know how important it is. The govt implemented the National Broadband Network a few years ago and most people benefited. I have three kids, so I’ve known about the buffering lol.
honeysuckle STIRRER!!!!!!!!
But no, I know you were just kidding with that. lol In America, they are actually working on getting better internet out in the rural areas, but hell, I'd take regular old cable internet, crappy Spectrum that everyone always complains about because at least they get decent speeds. But no, they won't bring lines down the mile stretch of road I'm on.
Frying_Pan_On_Head.gif

I've probably known "Tonight Tonight" by The Smashing Pumpkins, is one of my favorite songs of my lifetime since I was a youngster!
It's not the genre I typically listen to, but this song from the Pumpkins is incredible.
I only found it last year.
It reminds of a girl I know but no longer see.

Latest posts

Back